download movies in itunes watch on iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by constantr, Jan 25, 2009.

1. constantr macrumors newbie

hi,

I see i can down movies (and pay obv) from itunes, and since i cant download the movie i wanna see to my iphone while playing a pokertourney, i might want to buy it

can i lets say download max payne from itunes and put it on my iphone?

Probably its a yes,

but dont wanna spend 15$ for no reason

Thanks

2. mouchoir macrumors 6502a

Yes. Once downloaded, simply drag it on to your iPhone if you manually manage, or sync it if not.

3. iSaygoodbye macrumors 6502a

iSaygoodbye

Anything purchased in Itunes can be transfered to your iphone

4. johnjay1776 macrumors member

I do this quite a bit actually. I've even converted about half of my large DVD library to MP4 so that I can import them into iTunes and then load on the iPhone. Pretty handy.

5. eplchamps0304 macrumors 6502a

eplchamps0304

I rent movies from the red box machine for a buck and convert it into my iPhone. Cheapest way to go.

6. Tom B. macrumors 65816

Tom B.

Well seeing as you have no moral issue with stealing movies, the cheapest way is actually to just download them straight from the internet.

7. DavieBoy macrumors 6502

DavieBoy

with netflix you could do 3 movies in a day then wait 2 days to get three more, repeat as necessary...

8. aerospace macrumors 6502a

Paying something is better than nothing, no?

Also when renting your paying for the right to watch the video, who says you can't watch it on your phone? Technically you could stream it to your phone from your dvd drive on your computer, same end result.

9. eplchamps0304 macrumors 6502a

eplchamps0304

how am I stealing? I'm paying to watch the movie.

10. Tom B. macrumors 65816

Tom B.

Well, when you return the rented movie, if you also delete the file that you have made for your iPhone at the same time, you have stolen nothing. If that is what you meant then I apologise. But I assumed that after converting the movie you meant you would keep it.

11. buccsmf1 macrumors 6502

youre ****ing joking right? Oh no!!!! if enough people do this the studio execs wont be able to afford their 30 million dollar G4 jets anymore!!! oh the humanity!!! they'll have to buy a 15 million dollar citation xls instead!!! OH THE HUMANITY.

12. Tom B. macrumors 65816

Tom B.

Please tell me where I said This was such a terrible thing. I was just correcting someone who said that the cheapest way to get movies was renting and converting them for $1.

13. MikePA macrumors 68020

MikePA

Same rationalization almost all criminals use not to mention class warfare dribble.

14. eplchamps0304 macrumors 6502a

eplchamps0304

Have a cheaper option?

15. theDUB macrumors 6502a

theDUB

What you are doing is against the law. I'm not arguing the ethics of it with you, I'm telling you straight up: It is illegal.

It doesn't matter that you paid to rent the movie or that you don't plan on distributing the ripped file or exhibiting it for a fee. When you rip the movie from DVD on to your hard drive you have broken the terms of use agreement you entered into when you rented the movie as put forth by the copyright owner. Not to mention that your software which defeats the CSS encryption is also illegal.

Again, I'm not arguing the moral issue with you. If you're gonna do it, that is just fine with me. But, don't pretend like you aren't doing anything wrong.

Here, about some further reading: Let me google the DMCA for you.

16. eplchamps0304 macrumors 6502a

eplchamps0304

Here is the bottom line for me, I'm not costing the movie industry an revenue, because I paid for the rental. If I ripped it to my iPhone or streamed it to my iPhone over the 3g network it's the same thing.