download movies in Japanese (American movies dubbed in Japanese)

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by ericrwalker, May 16, 2012.

1. ericrwalker macrumors 68030

ericrwalker

My mother-in-law has been staying with me for the past few weeks and I was watching "Despicable Me" with my daughter. Well she found it entertaining, though she doesn't speak English. I don't see the movie on the Japanese iTunes either. Is there a place to download this? I am willing to pay for the movie. I was looking to buy or rent it on iTunes (Japanese Dub), but it's not available.

I believe it's called 怪盗グルーの月泥棒 in Japanese.

2. applefan289 macrumors 68000

If you have a Blu-ray player, I would recommend getting it off of Amazon Japan. American Blu-ray players can play Japanese Blu-rays (they're both Region A). Japanese DVDs, however, can only play in Region 2 DVD players, so you will not be able to play a Japanese DVD in an American DVD player.

http://www.amazon.co.jp/s/ref=nb_sb...as%3Daps&field-keywords=despicable+me&x=0&y=0

3. ericrwalker thread starter macrumors 68030

ericrwalker

Thanks, I thought about that as a backup plan. Though I am more interested in getting rid of all physical media altogether. I have been ripping my dvd's to my server for the past several months and putting my DVD's in storage. Also My mother-in-law is going home in just over a week. Was looking for some evening entertainment while she is still here.