Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ukuleleman

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 19, 2009
This is my third day with my new iPod, I have discovered how to delete unwanted photos, what a palaver that is! Could one of you guys tell me if there is an easy way to download my Mac address book to the ipod, My impression is that I have to type them in one address at a time, which will take me a long time and seems a pretty inefficient way of transferring info from one Mac machine to another, I would appreciate your input before I start the process.
Thanks in advance.

ukuleleman

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 19, 2009
You can select the option of syncing your Contacts when you sync your iPod. I'm not at home on my Mac at the moment, but it's in one of the tabs in iTunes when your iPod is connected.

Thanks for that Miles, I'll do that, I knew I'd get a quick answer on this forum, amazing really, we must be thousands of miles apart (although I don't know where you built your ivory tower) and I get my problem sorted instantly.:D

ukuleleman

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 19, 2009
Done in seconds

Wow, that was quick, done in seconds, the only mod to Miles's advice is that the Address Book comes under the 'Info' tab, along with a few other items such as Calendars and Mail. Thanks again Miles.

Play Ultimate

macrumors 6502
Oct 13, 2005
You can select the option of syncing your Contacts when you sync your iPod. I'm not at home on my Mac at the moment, but it's in one of the tabs in iTunes when your iPod is connected.

The tab is the one on the far right titled "Info." That tab provides syncing options for Notes, iCal, Address Book, Safari Bookmarks and Mail settings.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.