iPhone Download Podcasts nightly regardless of how long it takes?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by sofakng, Mar 5, 2013.

1. sofakng macrumors regular

I use Downcast but I hate that my video podcasts take much longer than 10 minutes to download.

Is there any tweaks (jailbreak) that can automatically download all of my podcasts every night regardless of how long it takes to download them?

For example:

1) 3:00am, Podcasts start downloading...
    2) 3:45am, Downloading is finished.
    3) 3:46am, Podcasts app exits to save battery. (because all downloads are finished)

2. BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

Someone just started a thread on this yesterday. I think they were able to successfully do this with InfinityTask and something else. iScheduler I think it was but I'm not sure. Scroll through the first couple pages of threads and you'll find it.

This won't automatically download all of them but you can initiate all the downloads and the app will stay awake in the background while it completes all the downloads. In this thread someone also suggested locking your device while the app is open and downloading and it'll accomplish the same thing. I can't say for sure if that's right or wrong. At the very least hopefully this will point you in the right direction.

3. gonca macrumors regular

Find here my solution. I wanted pretty much the same from Downcast App.
    When all the downloads finish the app will enter in standby and will not reactivate again.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1551365

4. BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

Yea that's the thread I was thinking about. So it was InfinityTask and iScheduler. Good to know. Hopefully this will help the OP.