Download progress bar does not show when I try to download the installer for El Capitan

Discussion in 'OS X El Capitan (10.11)' started by dieselgg, Mar 23, 2016.

1. dieselgg, Mar 23, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2016

dieselgg macrumors newbie

Hi,

Back in February, I downloaded the installer for El Capitan for the release at that time from iTunes. The installer was properly installed in the applications folder. Today, I attempted to download the latest El Capitan release from iTunes, but the download progress bar does not show or no downloading is initiated. I renamed the previous El Capitan installer in my Applications folder and even placed it in the trash, but still no downloading begins after I select continue in ITunes to download the installer. As of today, my Macbook has the latest El Capitan installed.

Also, in Itunes, under the Purchased tab, it does show that El capitan was downloaded back in Feb.

Any help would be appreciated.

2. dieselgg thread starter macrumors newbie

I figured out the problem. If a previous install version of el capitan is detected, it will prevent you from downloading the new installer update. Even if the filename is something like F%$GF3, it will still detect the install file. I deleted the previous install file and downloading the latest installer.