Download Youtube videos to iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by PunkGiver, Jul 7, 2011.

1. PunkGiver macrumors newbie

Its possible to download Youtube videos to iPhone without jailbreak?

2. PunkGiver thread starter macrumors newbie

How? With what app?

3. ClutchThese macrumors 65816

ClutchThese

Hmmm, i though you could do it with Downloads. I just tried to to confirm, but it only downloads the HTML link. Weird. I can use that app to download on any other site.

4. And1ss macrumors 6502a

And1ss

I don't think it can be done, but I'd love to see it in action.

5. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

just if your jailbroken, there is software you can use on your pc to convert youtube clips to mp4 then you can move them to your iphone

6. jman240 macrumors 6502a

Easy answer is no.

Better answer though is do you want to do this on the go or are there a select few videos you want access to all the time.

If you just want a few videos with you always then I recommend Miro. Its free, cross platform, lets you download streams among other things.http://www.getmiro.com/
    You basically add youtube as a site, go there (player acts like a web broswer) and when you pick a video it gives you the option to download it.

If you want to be able to on demand download videos then im not sure. This can be done with a jailbreak but it doesn't sound like that's something you wanted. There have been apps but they've all been pulled to my knowledge.

Google around, best option, I'm sure there's someone who does this...

7. collisos macrumors member

This guy has got the right idea. You can use websites that convert the videos you want, drag and drop those conversions to itunes and then sync your ipod.

8. seble macrumors 6502a

I used to have an app by a chinese developer, that would allow you to do this, but it wasn't that great.

Don't think it is in the app store anymore though. Maybe apple band that sort of thing...

9. nunes013 macrumors 65816

nunes013

there was an app called mitube about this time last year. you could download the videos. apple took it down a couple days after being out. then youtube updated it's site a few months ago and mitube stopped working because of it.

10. VvCompHelpvV macrumors member

I was able to do it without a computer or jailbreak.

Been a while since I tried it, might wanna give it a whirl.

Choose your YouTube video, use one of the sites that allow YouTube conversion online...it should give you a download link to the video.

I downloaded the video with the Good Reader app from there (copy the link in safari, then paste it in the URL bar with the letter g in front of the link, ex: ghttp://www.blahblahblah.com this will open the download in good reader)

It worked before.

Sorry if this post has loads of mistakes...kinda late here. xD

11. Holmes093 macrumors 6502

Holmes093

Jailbroken - MxTube
    Not Jailbroken - Download Manager
    (Copy the URL of the youtube video from safari.
    Go to a youtube to mp4 site in safari and paste the link
    Then copy the link of this youtube to mp4 page.
    Paste this URL in download manager then follow through to download.

Hope This Helps - I have used this before but it was a while ago, it may not work now.

12. pbateman macrumors 6502

Yup, MXTube if you're jailbroken....its the old MiTube that Apple pulled but updated so it still works with the new youtube format

13. Msmit71 macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

Use iSafePod, it's got a really easy way to download youtube videos (Tap and hold).

14. therationalist macrumors regular

therationalist

Can you select the quality of download in any of these apps ? My friend who uses android uses something called tubex and can choose what resolution video to download including full HD. so jelly.