All iPads Downloading a file from my company so I can print the document

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Saxon2901, Apr 17, 2015.

1. Saxon2901 macrumors newbie

I'm hoping someone can help!
    I'm trying to print out documents from my companies website for clients.
    When I go into the companies website I login in then I can see my list of clients. I click on the client I'm wanting which pulls up their details from there I have I have a button I press that on my laptop brings up a pop-up box for forms this then brings up a box which asks me to download files. This all happens the same on my iPad, but when I do it on my laptop this then brings up all the forms I need to print, but if I press to download file on my iPad nothing happens.
    I've read in previous questions on here to download the app GoodReader and put g before the address but this won't let me get the buisness website up.
    So is there any way of making it work!
    Please make it idiot proof!
    Thanks

2. SHirsch999 macrumors 6502a

Can the files be converted to PDFs? If so, there are many ways to do this and many ways to print them out. You can check in the App Store for appropriate apps to do each of these.

3. Saxon2901 thread starter macrumors newbie

No the only thing I can do is download it straight from the site.

4. Panch0 macrumors 6502a

If you touch and hold the download link, safari will pop up an options box that should show the URL. this may tell you something - like maybe the download is happening through some sort of download manager that isn't supported on iPad.

What file type are you trying to download/view? most common file types are supported on iPad, but you may need an app (Good Reader was mentioned, but there are others).