Downloading Facebook Videos in Safari, activity window doesn't work anymore??

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by kayla1992, Jan 27, 2011.

1. kayla1992 macrumors newbie

I knew how to download Facebook videos off Safari for quite some time and up to last month or so it hasn't been working! Normally I just clicked the link with .mp4 at the end of it in my activity window and it would start downloading the video but now it doesn't! Does anyone know how to get around this?? Here is a screen shot.

Attached Files:

2. smirk macrumors 6502a

smirk

Can you just paste the URL for the movie into the address bar and then save it from there?

3. kayla1992 thread starter macrumors newbie

no, you can't. Does anyone know how to save facebook videos again!

4. solos72 macrumors newbie

what is happening when you double click the link for the movie from the Activity window?

I remember at one time it would just open another tab in Safari and begin playing the movie embeded.

I learned holding the Option button while double clicking the link in the Activity window allowed the video to be download rather than opening the video in another tab.

Hope that helps.

5. barrywho macrumors newbie

Just add "down" before "facebook.com" in that URL, so it becomes "downfacebook.com"...... then enter. You may have to ADD the plugin, a message which appears later, if you never did this before and accept the ajax plugin as well, security-wise. Then, you can download as MP4. HOWEVER, IF it is a PRIVATE video clip, NO CAN DO. Must get permission from the uploader.