Downloading Files

joshpark

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 24, 2007
Hello, I just bought a macbook and this is the first time that I am using the Mac OS. In windows, when you download a file, it asks you where to download that file. And you can browse to the folder you want to download in and you choose it.

However, in Mac, when I download a file, it just gives you the choices of Network, the HD, Pictures, Applications, and etc. Just the BIG folders. But I cannot choose to save, let's say a picture file, within a folder that is within the Pictures folder. Is there an option to change the save method so I can choose a more specific place in which to download files?

emw

macrumors G4
Aug 2, 2004
You should have the option to download a file to any location you'd like. For example, Ctrl-Option-Click on a picture and select "Download Linked File As..." and then navigate to whichever folder you'd like.

DoFoT9

macrumors P6
Jun 11, 2007
Singapore
hhhmmm i thout it would automatically save to the desktop... thats where i would reccommend to save it, and then you can move it from there

joshpark

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 24, 2007
OOOH LOL OMG. I thought that arrow was for like selecting names or something. I only used the box beneath where you type the file name. Thank you!

MrSmith

macrumors 68040
Nov 27, 2003
Safari > Preferences > Save downloaded files to.

There you can select the download destination. Desktop is the default.