Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Playamonte

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 2, 2016
Started this a few hours ago on my Air2 via iTunes on the PC, said it would back up prior to etc.
It is on 10.3.3 at the moment & the download is showing at 2.44gb in total (up to around 2.04 at the moment, once loaded it will pop this onto the pad that is still connected.
Seems to be a very long time to download this ?

Thoughts.

Sharkoneau

macrumors 6502a
Jan 13, 2017
Michigan
Started this a few hours ago on my Air2 via iTunes on the PC, said it would back up prior to etc.
It is on 10.3.3 at the moment & the download is showing at 2.44gb in total (up to around 2.04 at the moment, once loaded it will pop this onto the pad that is still connected.
Seems to be a very long time to download this ?

Thoughts.
Hmmm, how is your internet connection? If you’re working with a slower connection, this could be causing some major issues. Based on the nature of your post though, it seems that may not be the case.

If you are backing up to iTunes for the first time, or the first time in a long time, that process can take a good while. Of course, this depends on the data on your device as well.

Beyond that, Apple servers could be experiencing some issues. However, I’m not sure what’s going on. As long as the update installs okay, I wouldn’t worry too much. Best of luck!

Playamonte

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 2, 2016
Hi Shark.
Well it is finished now (about 5 hours in total) and I now have more free space than before (was expecting less)
Seems a lot faster & slicker but yes early days, will see how it settles down over the next few days from what I read while it gets things sorted behind the scenes.
Run very few apps over what it comes with so that should help ?

Reactions: Sharkoneau

Sharkoneau

macrumors 6502a
Jan 13, 2017
Michigan
Hi Shark.
Well it is finished now (about 5 hours in total) and I now have more free space than before (was expecting less)
Seems a lot faster & slicker but yes early days, will see how it settles down over the next few days from what I read while it gets things sorted behind the scenes.
Run very few apps over what it comes with so that should help ?
Good to hear! A wouldn’t say it’ll take that long to settle down, maybe a day at most for the OS to stabilize completely. However, you won’t get accurate battery impressions until after a few days.

Having less apps can’t hurt. Less apps means less variables - and potential trouble spots - in the mix. However, which apps they are matters. Facebook is a battery hog, as is YouTube. So your configuration will make the difference.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.