Downloading New Fonts for Photoshop (specifically, Parisian)

h0kie99

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 31, 2004
VA
I really want to use a Parisian font in some graphics I am creating. This font is not available in my PS for Mac or PC. :( Do I have to purchase it off the web? I haven't had much luck finding it for free....

Once I purchase it (if I reeeeeally have to pay for it), how do I get it in Photoshop?

Thanks!

CanadaRAM

macrumors G5
Parisian is a commercial font (not free) and is available from linotype.com for US$22

http://www.linotype.com/12930/parisian-font.html?PHPSESSID=5a8270613ca72e502c093dd241585512

You don't have to install a font "into" Photoshop, you install it in the Library/Fonts folder and it is available to all programs on the Mac.

(there are several Library/Fonts folders, at the root of the drive, in System, and in the ~user folder. There is also the System Folder/Fonts folder if you also want it available in Classic.)

Thanks
Trevor
CanadaRAM.com

Comment

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
Do you expect to get stuff that people took time & effort to make, just for free?

If you're a professional and are making some money with that project, you'll pay for that font gladly. If you're not, then use a font that you've got already or some free fonts.

When you get the font you want, use FontBook to install it.

Comment

h0kie99

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 31, 2004
VA
I'm certainly do not expect to "get stuff that people took time & effort to make" for free. I am just curious because the font thing is totally new to me and I was confused why some were free and some were not.

Thanks for the info.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.