Downloading podcasts "deletes" entire media library

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by murdercitydevil, May 4, 2011.

1. murdercitydevil macrumors 68000

murdercitydevil

I've been having this problem with my iPhone lately, not sure when exactly it started, but currently I'm running 4.3.1 jailbroken with pwnagetool. Every time I download a podcast from itunes, it will finish the download and disappear from the queue. When I open iPod, it doesn't appear in the podcast section and won't until I restart ipod.app. However, when I do that and it opens up, my entire library is gone. It's still there obviously because the space is being taken up, and the only way to fix it is to connect to itunes, at which point everything reappears. It's an easy fix, but gets really annoying, and makes the whole convenience of downloading podcasts when you're away from your home computer completely nonexistent. Does anyone know if there's a fix for this, or if it's a bug in iOS?

2. murdercitydevil thread starter macrumors 68000

murdercitydevil

3. bigbadjon macrumors newbie

I've been having the same exact problem, and have been scouring the web looking for any answers. It seems that it's not THAT common of a problem, but the same exact thing happens.

I'll download a podcast, it'll go through the motions, but then doesn't show up in the iPod app. Then, if I try messing around a little, and it finally shows up, all the music is unreadable showing a "No Content" or "No Songs" message for the music portion of the iPod.

I've tried the changing the language in the settings solution but that doesn't seem to work and the only solution at this point seems to be connecting to the computer, but I still can't download podcasts directly to my phone..

Currently have an iPhone 4 running 4.3.3 not jailbroken.