Downloading youtube videos to be viewed on iPhone 3g??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cake69, Aug 29, 2008.

1. cake69 macrumors newbie

hi,
    is there a website, or application, or a guide that tells you how to download a youtube video, convert it into ipod video format, synced through itunes onto the iPhone 3G?? also the guide,website or application would have to be operated under a macbook as my itunes library is located on my macbook.
    also my iphone is legit and have not been cracked or jail broken. i am currently using 2.0.2.

there are some of my fav videos which i would like to view more then once and would love to have them on my iphone instead of browsing and wasting download to re-watch them.

anyhelp would be awesome, thanks alot

2. Foamer macrumors regular

3. milani macrumors 68000

milani

Yes and no. You can do what you've outlined, but it's a multi-step process (there is no one-does-all application as far as I know) - no jailbreaking required, of course:

1)You have to use a website to download the youtube videos

2)You need to convert the FLV files to another video file type (bottom link).

3)You need to format the new file type to the best possible resolution for your iPhone with a program like Videora.

4)You need to import the newly saved iPhone/iPod Touch formatted file into iTunes and sync it to your iPhone.

And you're done. Enjoy your videos.

4. murdoc158 macrumors regular

If you're on a Mac you need Tooble. Download this app: http://tooble.tv/ Install and go into preferences. Type in your YouTube account name. Click download favorites. It will automatically import them to iTunes for syncing.

5. cake69 thread starter macrumors newbie

thank you. tooble is the exact application i am after.
    another mac moment for sure.
    really appreciate your help fellas.

6. milani macrumors 68000

milani

If you end up using this tooble, please let us know how well it works, and the quality of the videos it produces.