Downtown Chicago Verizon iPhone 5 LTE Problems or did I break my Phone?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by sephcast, Oct 17, 2012.

1. sephcast macrumors newbie

Hi Guys,

Searched around but couldn't find a similar topic. My iPhone 5 was working great in the city while at work in a high rise for the first couple weeks. No complaints. Last week, though, I can't get consistent LTE here in the city. I asked Verizon, but they said they haven't had any reports of similar issues.

Also last week, I dropped my phone about 3 feet and scuffed the top corner of the phone. Now I can't tell if this is a hardware issue where I messed up the antenna or if it's because the VZW network has gotten worse.

Note that I've already restarted the phone multiple times, reset network settings, and gone to airplane mode. LTE seems to work fine in other places, but not at work.

Anyone?

2. 840quadra Moderator

840quadra

Staff Member

Can you check with others at work to see if they are having similar problems with LTE ? Additionally, did you notice the signal issues immediately after the drop, or did it happen days later?

How is signal other places? Is LTE just bad at work, or everyplace?

3. sephcast thread starter macrumors newbie

So far I don't know anyone else with a Verizon iPhone 5 at my work. I didn't really pay too close attention to the signal issues, but that's the only thing that comes to mind in the last week or so.

LTE elsewhere seems to work fine, though.

4. 840quadra Moderator

840quadra

Staff Member

I mean talk to anyone that has Verizon LTE. if it is a service issue, people with LTE android phones would also be experiencing problems. They don't use exclusive frequencies for the iPhone 5.

Considering you can get service in other locations, My gut tells me that this is a Verizon issue at your location.