Dozens of microscratches just noticed! WTF

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Simgar988, Aug 11, 2010.

1. Simgar988 macrumors 65816

Simgar988

I just pulled my phone outstay pocket and looked at the screen and there are dozens of micro scratches on the frontAND back of my screen. They are very small and short, at first I thought it wasjust dust or lent from my pocket until I tried to wipe em off. I looked at my phone under a bright light and noticed that they are all over the glass on the front and back of the iphone4. I take extremely delicate care of my phone. Never once has anything shared a pocket with my iPhone in my front left pocket and I wear a bumper so it is always elevated.

It's really taking me aback because I'm constantly checking for scratches and never noticed any and now I seeing many many many scratches. They are all about 1-3 mm in length if not smaller, but very abundant.

Anyone else have this problem?

2. Roofy. macrumors 6502a

Thanks, I just noticed 3. But if you have to put your phone in direct light, wipe your screen of all smudges, and stare it down, then who cares. They're not things you'd notice normally. Its better to just use the phone and enjoy it and ignore insignificant things like that.

3. Simgar988 thread starter macrumors 65816

Simgar988

Really? Like what Roofy? Getting women?

It's not like i thoroughly cleaned it and pulled out a bright light detective style, and I understand the insignificance of barely noticeable scratches. The main points I was making were that I just pulled it outta my pocket like any other occasion but this time noticed many scratches when previously I have noticed none. Also it was a general inquiry to the mr population to see if others share my same plight.

4. Steveo47 macrumors regular

i know you dont share your pocket with anything. But sand and dust ect accumulate in your pocket even when you was your cloths (its not like the inside of the pocket gets washed).

5. Simgar988 thread starter macrumors 65816

Simgar988

Very true sir

6. Jayman34187 macrumors regular

The Apple Bumper is a strip of rubber that covers the outside edge of the iPhone, where the antennas are. The Bumper doesn't come with a back to protect the glass rear, or a screen protector on the front to prevent damage to the glass screen. This doesn't really do anything at all to protect the iPhone which defeats the purpose of a case.

I have an Otterbox (a case for Men)

The Otterbox Defender has three layers to protect your iPhone from bumps and scratches.

* There’s a clear protective membrane for the screen.
    * Then there’s a polycarbonate shell that clips around the iPhone on all sides. The shell is tough and shatter proof. It will survive almost anything, excpet getting run over.
    * The third layer is a durable silicone skin for shock protection. It also has rubber tabs for protecting the dock connector and headphone jack from dust and debris.

7. Megalobyte macrumors 6502a

even the hot pink one? :p

8. Steve686 macrumors 68030

Steve686

as OCD and anal retentive as i am, i am just pretty much saying F-it!!

if i get some scratches that i can only see in bright, direct sunlight, i don't care anymore. if the scratches get so bad i can't stand them, i will crack my screen, and gladly pay $199 for a replacement.

as long as i can't see scratches while actually using my phone, it just does not matter anymore. i find myself enjoying the phone more by not being so meticulous about it.

9. Bandolier macrumors 6502a

Notice how you said you had to hold it under a bright light. I'm sure you looked at it at a stupid angle you wouldn't encounter in normal use.

10. JustinSaneV2 macrumors 6502

JustinSaneV2

With all your incessant rambling about "manly" things I'm beginning to think you have problems relating to insecurity.

11. OzExige macrumors 6502

OzExige

Though I totally understand you considerable concern, i can only suggest that you -

stop rubbing your pockets,

I found this to be essential to maintaining articles stored in said pockets :D

12. Bandolier macrumors 6502a

I think he saw a lot of girls using it (girls that he doesn't know obviously) so his mind subconsciously tethered the two together and now he's trying to convince himself it's a man's case! lol!

13. chembox macrumors 6502a

Don't hate on the pink.

It's actually magneta!

14. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

There are gay construction men.

15. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

Clumsy Men.

16. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

Back on topic people, back on topic...
    But yeah, I have about 10 of these micro scratches. Annoying, but unless you usebyour phone through a polythene bag, can't be helped.

17. Drag'nGT macrumors 68000

Drag'nGT

Werd. I had to clean lint outta my headphone jack every so often because it accumulated no matter how clean I kept my pockets.

18. frosse macrumors 6502a

Very not true. I dunno about you guys but when I wash pants I "take out" the pocket material from the pocket, kinda like that guy in Prison Break who let's some other guy hold it when they walk around in the prison.

That way the pocket get extra clean :)

19. Irish Rose macrumors 65816

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A400 Safari/6531.22.7)

If they bother you, get screen protectors. I use PS anti glare films on the front and back of my iP4, and there are no scratches at all on the film, even though I keep the phone in my pocket.

20. youngmac macrumors regular

Lol T-bag one of my favorite character in prison break.

21. r3voLoLwuT macrumors member

Im gonna guess you drive an F150 lifted 12" and have a small penis?

22. dZp macrumors 6502a

dZp

Wait! You guys have pockets on your pants. What the hell do you put in there?!
    Real men wear trousers! :p:D

23. Givmeabrek macrumors 68030

Givmeabrek

LOL.... :eek:

Probably right about the truck and the measurements. :(

24. ugahairydawgs macrumors 68020

ugahairydawgs

This is why I have a Zagg shield on both sides of the phone. I don't care what Apple says....glass scratches.

25. Apple Corps macrumors 68030

It can be helped - for very little money you install an SGP or PS screen protector (takes all of 2 minutes) and you have a nearly scratch proof iPhone. There are many kits that include a skin for the back also.