Drag/title bar double clicking and doing things in the top right corner,near the cloc

Discussion in 'macOS' started by doktordoris, Apr 27, 2010.

1. doktordoris macrumors 6502a

doktordoris

Hullo all,

Sorry, but I have another 2 questions, if any one would please be so kind as to answer.

Firstly, as a recently switched PC owner I cannot stop double clicking in the title/drag bar to maximise the window. Is there any way I can make it so such a thing happens?

And also the top part of the screen, next to the clock (I don't even know whwta it is called) how can I put things there? For instance I am always using alt, comand and D. Could I make an icon in the clock space which would do the same thing?

ta

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Windows don't maximize to fill the screen in Mac OS X the way they do in Windows.
    It's called the Menu Bar.
    Not that I know of.

3. kepner macrumors 6502

I'm not aware of any software that makes double-clicking a title bar maximize the window, but Cinch is a great app that works just like Windows 7's Snap feature. Just drag a window to the top of the screen, and it maximizes. Drag it away, and it automatically snaps back to its previous size.

4. Gregg2 macrumors 603

HD/System/Library/CoreServices/Menu Extras
    contains the built-in functions for displaying in the Menu Bar. Open the folder, and double-click on an item. They don't all seem to work, but I can get some to appear in the Menu Bar. To remove an item, control-click on it and drag it off the menu bar. It will vanish in a "puff of smoke". I don't know of a way to customize items for the Menu Bar.