DRAIN THE SWAMP!! (directly into my pocket....)

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by poloponies, Sep 26, 2017.

1. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

My god he's the first president to do such a thing.

2. poloponies thread starter Suspended

Once again, a Trump apoligist deflects reality. Keep sucking up to the draft-dodging snake oil salesman.

3. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

4. darksithpro macrumors 6502a

From the article: "Some of the biggest names in U.S. finance and real estate are expected to gather at New York’s Le Cirque restaurant on Tuesday as President Donald Trump raises money for the Republican National Committee."

The thread is misleading. The people that attend that dinner is most certainly not your so called common, blue collar worker. Also, when you're in a position like that sometimes you have to deal with the wealthy people. Why not charge them a lot then?

5. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

Trump apologist? lol I'm just not friggin blind that I can't see hypocrisy if it smacks me in the face. Politicians raise money, they've been doing it for a very long time. Never once was I under the impression any of them were the second coming of Mother Theresa (not even Obama).

6. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

No, not the first. But over and over Trump supporters have claimed he was different, an outsider, would drain the swamp. Looks like he is diving head first into the swamp and swimming with the gators. In otherwords, is just more of the same.

7. yaxomoxay macrumors 68040

yaxomoxay

Let me state it here in an uncompromising and unapologetical manner: I am a Trump’s pocket. Where’s my money???

Here:

[​IMG]

8. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

No they are not swamp monsters there are some very nice monsters.

9. BoxerGT2.5, Sep 26, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2017

BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

Get the **** out? There's an actual difference between campaigning and governing (which isn't looking too pretty-lol). I don't have enough fingers to count the number of friends/colleagues who didn't quite get the "hope and change" they voted for.

10. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Hey, I am just going by what Trump supporters told people. Over and over again: He was different because he wasn't a politician. He would do things differently. Other than the insulting tweets and more lies, I don't see much different in the day to day running of this White House. Just more of the same.

As for the hope and change of previous administration. I definitely saw change for the better in a number of ways, including several personally. I wonder if the MAGAs will be able to make the same claim at the end of this administration? I have my doubts.

11. BoxerGT2.5, Sep 26, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2017

BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

Voters are stupid, on both sides. Our system of government isn't set up so that one man or woman can "change" things to the degree they claim on the campaign trail. We're not set up for one person to alter anything drastically. It is a system that our founders crafted in an effort to avoid this very thing. Sanders' supporters thinking he was going to accomplish 1/10 of what his crazy ass was campaigning for would have found themselves in the same boat.

12. oneMadRssn macrumors 601

oneMadRssn

What kind of hope and change did they vote for? I know about 13 million people who now have health insurance, that didn't before Obama's presidency. GOP wants to take it away. I know about 11.5 million people that now have a job, that didn't before Obama's presidency. The only Republican president to match that is Reagan, but every Democrat president has had that kind of job growth since 1900, even Truman!

And now, fake-news-president is showing how much of a hypocrite and liar he is by doing the very exact thing he criticized only a few months ago - selling access and favors to his super rich friends.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 26, 2017 ---
    Except, I doubt Sanders would have said Nazis are very fine people, broken pretty much every ethics law there is, wasted millions in unnecessary travel for himself and his cabinet to go on vacations and golfing trips, and had his family run everything.

13. duffman9000 macrumors 68000

duffman9000

Sometimes both people arguing are right.

14. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

Isn't Sander's and his wife under investigation for bank fraud? Related to a University that is now defunct?

15. oneMadRssn macrumors 601

oneMadRssn

No. Only his wife is under investigation for distorting the number of donors the University she was then president of on an application for a $10million loan. Yes, if true it is fraud, and she should be punished. But it is the sort of fraud that Trump and his goons did every day as a land developer (and probably still do), so hearing it from Trump supporters is pot calling the kettle black. Also speaking of Trump supporters, the investigation against Sanders' wife was launched by Brady Toensing, chairman of the Trump campaign in Vermont. So the credibility of the complaint is close to zero.

16. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

But it's clearly credible enough for the FBI to waste their time on right? Listen, I'm not a Trump supporter, far from it. I just find it hilarious that the left thinks they're suddenly in the ivory tower. If the shoe was on the other foot I'd be calling out the right for their blatant hypocrisy.

17. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

post 4. Hillary charged more than Trump.

18. poloponies thread starter Suspended

Oh yeah, I remember all those lefties mindlessly chanting "drain the swamp" at the Clinton rallies.

19. oneMadRssn macrumors 601

oneMadRssn

Nobody is perfect. There is no such thing as a squeaky clean person. Everyone has done bad things. It's all relative though, and faults and offenses must be compared in context and in comparison to the alternative. It's not about whether the candidate from the left or the right did something bad. It's about whether, in sum, all the bad things one person did are worse than all the bad things the other person did. Sure, Democrats have done bad things. No debate there. But pretty much since Reagan, the Republicans have done many more much worse things. As I've always said, even with all faults, Democrats generally try to improve the quality of life of society as a whole. They stumble, they get it wrong, some get into trouble, some get into big trouble, but that overall vision is a good one. Republicans have consistently tried to undo progress, and reduce the tax burden on the rich. They also stumble, they get it wrong, some get into trouble, some get into big trouble, and sometimes they get it right, but their overall vision is selfish and bad for most of society.

20. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

I wonder what a plate worth the common man's yearly salary tastes like.

21. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

some carrot sticks, a little chopped up cauliflower, some broccoli florets, some small cubes of cheese and half a glass of cheap white wine.......sorry, no refills at that price point :p

22. duffman9000 macrumors 68000

duffman9000

Wine? Hell no. The common man gets tap water.

23. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

That's relative, but regardless. You're liberal, so of course your going to favor the liberal politician who may do things half-assed because their "goals" are in line with yours. Just like a evangelical is going to favor his/her politician who may be "less than ideal" because their "goals" are in line with theirs. Both sides view "progress" very differently. Our political leaders occupy a moral safe space in which no one is guilty because "everyone does it". Then their narrow minded supporters rationalize their behavior and give them a pass. They turn a blind eye to hypocrisy as long as their side is benefiting. My point is it's comical how neither side is in any position to throw stones but somehow they can't help themselves and then it's even funnier to watch others in opposition pile on. In 4-8 yrs when the other party is in office, they'll do a complete 180.

24. Raid macrumors 68020

Raid