Drake kisses 17 year old girl on stage

stylinexpat

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 6, 2009
I could see (actually can’t really see) a mistake at first but after being told she was 17 he pursued again. In some countries this may be ok but he knows very well that in America and Canada this is not acceptable. We on earth would anyone as famous and rich as he is jeopardise his whole future and career for this? He should have apologised on the spot and immediately sent her off stage. There is no shortage of women out there wanting to sleep with him that are way above the legal age limit. Did he really make that many mistakes?

https://noisey.vice.com/en_us/article/pa55x8/drake-kissing-fondling-underage-fan-metoo-video-2019

T'hain Esh Kelch

macrumors 603
Aug 5, 2001
Denmark
I could see (actually can’t really see) a mistake at first but after being told she was 17 he pursued again. In some countries this may be ok but he knows very well that in America and Canada this is not acceptable. We on earth would anyone as famous and rich as he is jeopardise his whole future and career for this?
It should be quite clear by now that you can do anything you like and get away with it, in 2018 America.

Also, I don't think he would care if 50 people stopped buying his albums.

stylinexpat

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 6, 2009
Age of consent in Colorado is 17. This is a non-story.
Did not know that, thanks for sharing. Someone though may convince her to say she did not consent. If I was him I would keep away from such young girls. Will only bring him headaches,trouble and lawsuits he does not need. Plenty of women out there over the age of 21

Reactions: jkcerda

jkcerda

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2013
Criminal Mexi Midget
Age of consent in Colorado is 17. This is a non-story.
I was about to ask and I get the OP's post as well, hell look at post 4 and that will also play out later when some underage girl who sleeps with him telling him she was of age and then sues for statuary rape ......it's not going to look good for him.

jtara

macrumors 68000
Mar 23, 2009
The age of consent is not uniform within the United States. Each state sets its own law.

Currently, the ages of consent is 16 in 30 states, 17 in 8 states, and 18 in 12 states. There are no states with age of consent > 18.

Historically, it has been much lower - in 1880 it varied from 10 to 12, with Delaware the outlier at 7. (!)

Many states have had age of consent as low as 14-15 until very recently.

There are twists in many of the state laws, e.g. based on parental consent, marriage, age difference between the parties.

Not to subtract from the tastelessness of his actions or comments.

Liquor laws also vary by state. The federal minimum is 18. When the federal voting age as reduced from 21 to 18, many states lowered their drinking age and "age of majority" (ability to enter into contracts) to 18. Some have subsequently raised the drinking age back up.

There is a trend to lower the voting age < 18, but can only be applied to state/local elections.

Last edited:

Number-Six

macrumors 6502
Jul 25, 2013
Did not know that, thanks for sharing. Someone though may convince her to say she did not consent. If I was him I would keep away from such young girls. Will only bring him headaches,trouble and lawsuits he does not need. Plenty of women out there over the age of 21
Yeah, someone should invent a time machine and go back to 2010 and tell him to watch out.

:rolleyes:

It wasn't a story 9 years ago, but now that SJWs have finally gotten the attention they wanted, stupid things are becoming stories.

BoxerGT2.5

macrumors 68000
Jun 4, 2008
This is why I'm raising my boys to verify age and record it. Then have the girl sign a consent form before they engage in any acts. They'll want iPhones, they'll get Note 13's just for the ability for the girl to use the stylus to sign.

Last edited:

stylinexpat

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 6, 2009
This is why I'm raising my boys to verify age and record it. Then have the girl sign a consent form before they engage in any acts. They'll want iPhones, they'll get Note 13's just for the ability for girl to use the stylus to sign.
Imagine two teenage kids the age of 17 agreeing and consenting only for the girl later to regret what she consented to and raise the rape flag :eek: The boy would end up in a lot of trouble. Let’s just hope Drake does not follow Michael Jackson’s previous path.

stylinexpat

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 6, 2009
I wonder if any of his actions were influenced by what Trump has said in the past :eek:

PracticalMac

macrumors 68030
Jan 22, 2009
Houston, TX
Over 21?
Why not over 18+?

Raid

macrumors 68020
Feb 18, 2003
Toronto
Modern update to a classic:
You must remember this
A kiss is still a kiss
A sigh is just a sigh
The fundamental things apply
As time goes by