Dreaming of life without the GOP?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by jkcerda, Mar 5, 2017.

1. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

http://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-ed/la-oe-friedersdorf-democrats-own-california-20170303-story.html
    So what happens?
    Still love the weather here

2. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

There are always problems when there is just one party in power. That said California while it has its problems isn't doing too bad.

3. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Three out of the last five governors have been Republican, holding that office for 24 years versus 10 years for the last two Democrats. If the author believes Republicans haven't held positions of power in California, then his memory is woefully short.

4. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Those were RINOs. Specially Ahhhhhhhhhnold.

5. citizenzen macrumors 65816

No true Scotsman fallacy.

6. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Am I confusing you with those who claimed Bernie was not a true democrat? If so my apologies.....

7. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Are you just throwing out wild guesses here?

Here's a question for you ... what is the Republican solution to homelessness?

8. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

You can always tell me if I'm wrong concerning Bernie , thought I saw you post it.

Seems republicans would rather help the homeless than the refugees.

9. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Okay, that's a problem -- but one shared with plenty of deep red states.
    A function of among other things Hollywood, LA and the nice weather. People want to go there.
    Perhaps the most sustainable part of the argument.
    So no better or no worse. Not much of a point there.
    These all sound like underinvestment problems, and while either party may be guilty of it, starving infrastructure and pension plans is very Reaganesque.
    You get what you pay for. (See: Kansas.)
    --- Post Merged, Mar 5, 2017 ---
    More homelessness.

10. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

We voted to raise taxes so we could try & fix our education problem. Seems we don't have enough teachers still :( So we are not exactly getting what we get robbed fir

11. citizenzen macrumors 65816

The day he announced, I donated $100 to his campaign to run for the Democratic nomination. I was always pro Sanders. When it became apparent that he wasn't going to be the nominee, then I backed HRC.

12. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

DNC helped Hillary too much, shame . I would have voted Bernie had he won. Sending kids to college instead are ccwsr was appealing :(

13. bopajuice macrumors 65816

bopajuice

I tend to agree with a party system. We need the GOP. They represent a majority of conservatives who want what's best for them. I have no problem with someone basing their choices on religion. Denial of climate change is another issue though. The Dems tend to side with the less fortunate and lean more towards personal choice and social programs. We all need to have a voice. Maybe a third party is needed to break up the "me vs you". What is Russia's most popular political party? Maybe they can join us as a third party since everyone seems to be OK with them meddling in our elections and influencing our politicians anyways.

14. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Disagree. We have too many democrats & republicans and not enough Americans imho. BOTH sides put the party interest ahead of the people imho

15. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Of course they did. She served the party for decades. She brought in millions of dollars and inspired countless voters. Sanders came late in the process and few would have banked on the success he had throughout the primary. Nobody should be surprised that the party put more stock in HRC than they did Sanders.
    --- Post Merged, Mar 5, 2017 ---
    Meaningless drivel. Democrats and Republicans are Americans. Each side is pushing an agenda they think will improve society. They just have different visions of what that looks like.

16. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

I am Not fighting tonight ........most of congress belongs in GITMO

17. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Bet then they vote close it. :D

18. jpietrzak8 macrumors 65816

jpietrzak8

Yep. Reagan was certainly a RINO, if not a crypto-leftist. His time as governor of California obviously was as a mole for the Democrats.

19. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

No problems with your statement

20. jpietrzak8 macrumors 65816

jpietrzak8

I wouldn't have voted Bernie. The man basically just panders to the far left; I don't see him as having any strategies to actually lead the country foreward.

21. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

Vote for me if you want to live.

22. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

The country wanted/needed something other than the crap we have been electing for the last few decades. Trump was the only thing left that was different, congratulations

23. jpietrzak8 macrumors 65816

jpietrzak8

The country may have wanted something other than the crap we've been electing. Congratulations then, we've advanced from people you may consider "crap" but actually had a desire to lead the country forward, to a man who is truly crap and only cares about himself. Wonderful.

24. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Lock him up :D

25. Zenithal macrumors 601

GOPers in California weren't bad. Mostly because most of the state had them by their balls. A far cry from the religious fervent ******** on the east coast.