Dreamweaver CS3: backed up HDD on my Mac, need to find all FTP acct info

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by domerdel, Aug 15, 2007.

1. domerdel macrumors newbie

I did an entire clone of my Mac OS X drive, because I got a new machine. I want to do a fresh install of the apps, but when it comes time to open dreamweaver CS3, where will the old information be stored ? User > Library> ?

Rather than copy a bunch of unwanted preference folders, I was hoping to find a mac guru, to help me out. Thank you in advanced.

2. netnothing macrumors 68040

netnothing

If you still have the old HDD in, you can export each site in DW to a file. This file will save everything...path, server, password, etc.

Not sure where Adobe stores that info. I know that passwords are stored in the Keychain.

-Kevin

3. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

Definitely - standard operating procedure should be that you Export a Site Definition (STE) file for every site you have. Then if the Keychain gets b0rked, or if you move machines, you can re-import all the settings.

4. domerdel thread starter macrumors newbie

I suppose I could try that... but I have 20-30 accounts I need to add...

I was hoping to find some other config folder (un-other than the one located in the Library folder > App support )

Regardless of the outcome, I appreciate the response.

5. netnothing macrumors 68040

netnothing

No problem. Yeah....it's a pain to export each site one by one (why Adobe doesn't let you export all I'll never know)....but the .ste files it creates are nice because you basically just open DW on the new machine and click Import, and all your settings and paths are there.

If you find a directory or files that do this same thing, let us know.

-Kevin