Dropbox allows you to download unsupported files from iPhone safari to dropbox?!?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iansilv, May 30, 2011.

1. iansilv macrumors 65816

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8H7 Safari/6533.18.5)

Whoa- I just noticed this- I can now download files directly to dropbox- these were not supported files from safari- like exe files- was this announced?

2. TheOriginalKi macrumors 6502

Interesting. Can you give me an example so I can try it?

3. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Ever since you've been able to download from the web into Dropbox it's supported every kind of file. You won't be able to VIEW every file on the iPhone but you can certainly STORE those files.

I used to use the functionality a lot when I had no internet at my apartment back in oh, 2009 maybe? I would use the spotty 3G to download a file (using Goodreader back then but Dropbox does the same thing) and then transferring it to my laptop via an ad-hoc WiFi network.

Oh the good old days before I was allowed to tether and long before I got my ADSL2+.

They were horrible, dark, nasty days.

4. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

So, does anyone know exactly how to do this???

One can certainly download files to your iPhone, then re-up them into your Dropbox account, but I never knew you could download directly into your Dropbox account.