Dropped Calls on iPhone 5

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tpf7118, Mar 25, 2013.

1. tpf7118 macrumors newbie

Have iPhone 5 currently on ST. Persistent problem with dropped calls, sometimes several on the same call to a landline. Searched this forum and others, applied suggested remedies to no avail. Replaced SIM, reset network settings, hard started phone, consulted with Apple etc.

One solution is to return to ATT although ST appears to be on ATT network. Phone is in major metro area with no problems in this regard. Any assistance or guidance much appreciated.

2. keitarou macrumors 6502

Look at T-Mobile. They will be good in major metro area. with their no more contract plan, you will find the right package you want for less then At&t. $30 for unlimited text and data and 100 mins is cheap.

3. Diseal3 macrumors 65816

Have you had AT&T before switching to st?

4. tpf7118 thread starter macrumors newbie

Had ATT on iPhone 4 with no problems for several years.

5. CEmajr macrumors 601

Straighttalk is an MVNO. Meaning that actual AT&T customers will get network priority whenever the network is congested. One of the drawbacks of prepaid. You'll have to deal with it or go back to AT&T or Tmobile

6. tpf7118 thread starter macrumors newbie

7. Bako-MacAddict macrumors 68000

Bako-MacAddict

I've had an iPhone since 2007 with (Cingular-At&t) over the years and haven't any problems in my area.

8. SR45 macrumors 65832

SR45

9. simply stunning macrumors regular

I haven't had any of these problems with my 5. I did with my 4S when I first got it. So it took it back and got it replaced. The new one worked great.

I would try that first. If it doesn't work, then maybe wait h carriers assuming it isn't to late.