dropped my entire 4s in a bucket of water

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by aliensarecool, May 6, 2012.

1. aliensarecool macrumors 6502a

aliensarecool

About 6 hours ago. Everything appears to be a okay. I tried turning it off right away but it just kept powering back up. So i guess that is the only malfunction. Well so far. Does this eliminate any chance of me being able to take in my phone if something went wrong incthe future? I'm still in shock how it can be completely submerged for 30+ seconds and be fine

Anyone else have any experiences where they thought they were ****ed?

2. gngan macrumors 68000

gngan

iPhone havs water sensor in 3 different places. Do you think Apple is going to fix it for you under warranty because you dropped into a bucket of water?

3. andyx3x macrumors 65816

If you take it in to the Apple Store, they'll notice right away whether there is water damage. You should search for the other threads regarding this and there will be tips to maybe help you out.

If nothing works, you would have to pay $199 for a replacement at the Apple Store.

4. Buckeyestar macrumors 6502a

Buckeyestar

You should have sealed it in a bag of dry rice immediately.

5. aliensarecool thread starter macrumors 6502a

aliensarecool

I was in a bar. I did turn my defroster on my dash on hot and left it there for a bit

What kinds tips is the other poster referring too

6. MuGeN PoWeR macrumors 68020

MuGeN PoWeR

The best solution of water damage wiith any gadget!

7. sulpfiction macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

While there's not too much you can do to save a submerged phone. The dry rice trick is pretty much a waste of time. The rice does not have any wicking properties. So any liquid inside the device (where it matters) will dry just as fast on a windowsill. Most people do it, and there aren't too many other options. But a bag of rice is not necessary. So if u didn't do it right away because u were out at a bar, don't worry. You're in the same boat as the guy who sealed it up in rice within 1 minute of getting wet.

8. Artimus12 macrumors 6502

Artimus12

the Rice itself might not have any suprerior wicking properties, but it certainly does have a better absorbtion rate than a flat window sill! Also, the closed & dusty environment will greatly reduce the humidity level within the device & help to draw liquid out - so it isn't a complete waste of time.