Dropped my iPad 2…So Lucky!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by HighEndMac, Jun 14, 2011.

1. HighEndMac macrumors regular

I have dropped my iPad2 3 times!!! I’m so lucky…The first time was on carpet from my bed, like 2.5 feet so not that back, but the next time was really bad, 3 feet on a hardwood floor. Scuffed the top corner of the aluminum back but not performance damage, so luck. Then the final time I dropped it flat on its screen from 3 feet up on a hardwood floor, however I had the smart cover in the same hand (not not) and it landed first then the iPad on top of it. I thought for sure I had internal damage because it looked like the screen froze-up a little bit. So I just turned it off and let it chill for like 20 min. then turned it back on, no issues. I’m super lucky!

2. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

3. Blorzoga macrumors 68030

Blorzoga

4. pchan0 macrumors regular

pchan0

Your 4th time will not be so lucky, take care of the thing please.

5. The Tos macrumors 6502a

I have had my original iPad for almost a year and havent dropped it once. How are you dropping this so many times?

6. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

Be careful it might shatter if it happens again

7. radiogoober macrumors 6502a

His next post will be when he drops it and shatters the screen, the starts complaining about backlight bleed through wanting a new ipad for free.

8. ratzzo macrumors 6502a

ratzzo

9. Sanveann macrumors 6502

Sanveann

I would suggest it's time to invest in an Otterbox or similar case :)

10. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

11. Piggie macrumors 604

Piggie

Apple should really make a small redesign to the rear of the case.
    And I've been saying this since the iPad1 was 1st launched.
    It's actually been designed to be dropped. If you set out to make it easy to be dropped you would come up with this design.
    There is no grip point for the human hands, other than the pressure you apply between your fingers to the front and back smooth surfaces.

The easiest thing would be a small ridge/lip/indentation all around the back, perhaps 1" in from the outside. Just enough to give your fingers something to stop against when it starts to slide.

12. miamialley macrumors 68030

miamialley

My remote control for my TV has a nice 'grip' and form, but I drop it almost daily (granted I don't care for it the way I do my iPad). I think some people (the OP) are just going to drop it even if we glued it to their palms. Anyway, if someone wants, they can buy a case which can provide the type of grip they like. It's better the way it is now as people can go 'naked' or buy a case.

13. profets macrumors 68040

That's nothing, I had mine siting on top of a 5' wooden/MDF filing cabinet within a cheap leather case. The cabinet got knocked over, sending the iPad into a 5' drop to carpet, but the top corner of the cabinet landed right into the iPad. It put a gash into case, and I opened the cover expecting to see a shattered screen but nothing, literally not even a scratch or mark on the iPad.

14. RayK macrumors 6502

Loving the fallout guy.

15. steadysignal macrumors 6502a

steadysignal

you mean, other than waste time on a message board?

16. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

Cool starry bra.

Attached Files:

17. xMClass macrumors 6502

18. blesio macrumors regular

Omg,omg, I'ma so lucky today, dropped my kid on a hardwood floor and he still wants to play with me. Omg, omg I'ma dropped my kid from the bed, he's still smiling..... Cooome oooooon how ridiculous can you get? Buy yourself a brick and play with that.

19. genexrocket macrumors regular

20. FAsnakes macrumors regular

Hahahahaha..