Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pommie82

macrumors 6502
Jan 4, 2011
uk
i understand people that buy iPhones and they don't put a good case on it to stop it from scratching its going to cost you less money in the long run

piecookie

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 22, 2012
I want to see pics dammit.

This is exactly how it looks except from the glass crack

http://cdn.gottabemobile.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/galaxy-s-iii-drop-575x308.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:

vastoholic

macrumors 68000
Jan 28, 2009
Tulsa, OK

Technically that's not exactly how it looks, since that is a Samsung phone and not an iPhone. :D

But I get what you are saying. And that is far being cracked like your thread title suggests (I know you later recanted that statement). It's just dented and scratched on a corner that it landed on. What did you think was going to happen?

***edit*** ^^^^, ooops, too late for the real pic. Sorry.

You know, I'm thinking they made it aluminum so as to absorb the shock of the fall into the metal so the glass would be harder to shatter.

chambone

macrumors 6502a
Dec 24, 2011
Netherlands
Wow you guys are hard to convince, here you go..

Yep, that sucks. But hey, had they made it out of plastic it would have had the exact same bruise. A 4/4S would have a shattered back, and a GS3 would have a shattered front. Yours only has a dent. Battle scars.

tymaster50

Suspended
Oct 3, 2012
Oregon
Don't expect to not pay money, you dropped it without a case, at least the screen didn't shatter

now I feel lucky, I dropped my phone 3 times and it didn't break lol

GrandPhrase

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2012
Yep, that sucks. But hey, had they made it out of plastic it would have had the exact same bruise. A 4/4S would have a shattered back, and a GS3 would have a shattered front. Yours only has a dent. Battle scars.

Battle scars. Imperfection is beautiful.

darngooddesign

macrumors P6
Jul 4, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Applecare is a warranty and tech support extension. It adds an extra year and is not available for the iPhone 5.

AppleCare is also the name for the one-year warranty any Apple product come with. I think you are referring to the extended AppleCare warranty you can get on their computers.

Menel

Suspended
Aug 4, 2011
Amazing glass didn't shatter. Such a small piece there that was disturbed by the camera. Impressive.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.