iPhone X Dropped my iPhone X and now there’s a black splotch on the screen

TH55

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 5, 2011
There’s no crack but a black splotch under the screen in the top left corner.

Can this be easily fixed or will I need to buy a new digitizer? If so how much?

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
There’s no crack but a black splotch under the screen in the top left corner.

Can this be easily fixed or will I need to buy a new digitizer? If so how much?
No, it’s not easily fixed. The OLED panel is damaged, it needs replacement.

Reactions: TH55

VineRider

macrumors 6502
May 24, 2018
I don't know....I wiped mine before I took it in, and received it just like I dropped it off (in default setup mode).

dontwalkhand

macrumors 603
Jul 5, 2007
Will Apple automatically update my software and kill my jailbreak when they replace my screen?
Lol people still jailbreak? Lack of Apple Pay, banking apps, and Costco etc. because these apps all detect jailbreak and stops you

WingsAndBeer

macrumors member
May 24, 2019
Lol people still jailbreak? Lack of Apple Pay, banking apps, and Costco etc. because these apps all detect jailbreak and stops you
My Apple Pay, Wells Fargo, and Costco apps work fine. I'm also enjoying dark mode without having a garbage mail app. "Lol".

Reactions: TH55

TH55

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 5, 2011
Even if that were true, which according to the above poster it’s not, there are so many reasons to jailbreak. A jailbroken phone is still infinitely more functional and efficient than stock, when I go back intermittently after rebooting my phone I remember why I jailbreak. When I go to use any of the number of shortcuts and swipe gestures and can’t I feel handicapped. People who don’t Jailbreak will never understand this, their loss.