iPhone X Dropped my iPhone X on a corner directly on the screen, no damage but ready for insurance!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Hieveryone, May 7, 2018.

1. Hieveryone macrumors 68040

Has anyone tried SquareTrade?

Was wondering if anyone has had experience with the company and what all it covers.

Thanks.

2. rugmankc macrumors 68000

rugmankc

I bought it on an office chair from Office Depot, I believe. Something, can't remember, happened to the lift mechanism. They gave me a full refund toward a new chair. No hassle.

3. Clix Pix macrumors demi-goddess

Clix Pix

8 miles from the Apple Store at Tysons (VA)
    Gee, you sure seem to have a problem with dropping things..... That's most unfortunate, since there is no built-in human "pause" button, "governor," or insurance when it comes to "butterfingers" and just plain "klutziness" Not a great situation when it comes to handling expensive electronics.

What makes you think that Square Trade would offer a better deal for you than AppleCare? I don't know -- is it possible to have both kinds of coverage?

4. Nilhum macrumors regular

Nilhum

Get a heavy duty case or an otterbox and you save $120 plus the $100 deductible.

5. Hieveryone thread starter macrumors 68040

Does SquareTrade cover the back of the iPhone X if I drop it and the glass back breaks?

Just wondering what all it covers.

6. TiggrToo macrumors demi-goddess

TiggrToo

Yes. They'll cover that as t comes under the 'accidental damage' coverage of their plan.

You'll be required to pay the full cost of the repair initially yourself (which will probably be an easy $500 or more) but they should reimburse you that minus your deductible (unsure if that'll be $99 or $129).

7. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

Based on all your previous threads and seemingly how you ‘Drop’ your iPhone’s, I have no idea why you wouldn’t just purchase Applecare Plus. And, you’re dealing direct with Apple of course with Applecare.

8. daflake macrumors 6502a

Considering there was already a thread on whether he/she should have gotten it or not with everyone telling him/her to do so.. :rolleyes:

9. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

10. acorntoy macrumors 65816

You guys provided the answer in your own post.

He drops his stuff a lot.

AppleCare - after two drops he’s out of luck.
    SquareTrade - he can make as many claims as he needs as long as he pays the deductible.

I had my iPhone 6+ repaired about four times through SquareTrade, they are a fantastic company to deal with (Even let me switch colors on the phone). Had my brothers laptop repaired by them after liquid damage (which was free because they were one day over their guarantee of fixing within a week).I have my phone insurance through SquareTrade, but my iPad Pro insurance through Apple, as I’ve never broken an iPad more than once.

11. bigdogn12 macrumors member

How pushy did he have to be about them going over the guaranteed week repair and getting the free reimbursement?

12. darngooddesign macrumors G3

Personally I wouldn't have an iPhone without a Tech21 Evo Mesh case at the very least. My iPhone6 took at least 20 drops to the pavement without ever damaging the screen; low profile and super protective.

13. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

Why would you not contact SquareTrade for all the details???

14. acorntoy, May 8, 2018
    Last edited: May 8, 2018

acorntoy macrumors 65816

It was a Christmas gift to him, so I had actually bought the warranty and dealt with it. Didn’t have to be too pushy, initially they resisted a bit (its being finished today) (its only a day over) but the second I pointed out it was advertised under the buy warranty button they folded instantly.

And that was actually my most difficult repair from them. Back when I had an iPad from them they reimbursed me the whole cost of the device within two days, each time I broke my phone they sent one overnight so I’d have a phone the next day. I highly recommend them.
    --- Post Merged, May 8, 2018 ---
    Or maybe just read the warranty details? :p

15. C DM macrumors Sandy Bridge

That wouldn't really make for much of another thread.

16. BasicGreatGuy, May 8, 2018
    Last edited: May 8, 2018

BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

Get AppleCare so you don't have to do through SquareTrade red tape.

You were advised by numerous people to get AppleCare. You have already had several accidents.

What is the point of making threads asking for experienced advice from seasoned members, if you are just going to ignore the advice given a lot of the time, and then seek the same advice after you have had your accident?

If you can't make up your mind when it comes (and continue to be clumsy) to expensive electronics...
    1) Consider not buying expensive electronics
    2) Stop carrying expensive electronics without protective cases and or get AppleCare
    3) Seek out a professional who can help you better administer your day to day life, as what you have been doing thus far isn't working
    4) Keep buying expensive electronics and not worry about it, seeing how you have previously stated that money isn't the issue
    5) Consider not making advice threads until you are willing to accept sound advice when it is given.

*** Food for thought***

The last thing a person who has trouble making basic day to day decisions should do, is ask complete strangers (with varying personal, financial and product history) what to do You get 6 more different avenues to ruminate over in a mind that couldn't make a decision with one voice talking.

You really need to start learning how to make decisions on your own. If you keep asking others to do your inner work for you, you are going to stay stuck inside yourself. It is akin to being stuck on a merry-go-round that never stops and never really goes anywhere but over the same ground time and time again.

When a decision needs to be made, get some paper or spreadsheet, and make several columns (Need, Want, Positive, Negative, Alternative, Financial Outcome and Liability etc) Put the item(s) you think you want or need in the appropriate columns and then look at the end result financially and usage wise. Then make your decision.

17. Hieveryone thread starter macrumors 68040

What red tape? SquareTrade seems really legit based on their site?

18. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

If you have access to a Apple store, not to mention the 800 number and expedited service, it doesn't make sense to get coverage from a third party, where you have to file claims (and hope to get approved) with one party while having work done elsewhere, not to mention possibly having to wait to get reimbursed etc. It is always best to deal direct with the producer when possible.

Read the SquareTrade site for yourself, instead of trying to get other people to do the legwork for you. You have a very bad habit of asking the forum members to do things that you should have done first. Asking others to constantly do your homework when you are capable of doing Google searches, doesn't sit well with a lot of the seasoned members.

If you were completely new to Apple and this forum, and had no idea at all about Apple, electronics and forum usage, many retorts to your posts would be much different. You don't fit that category. You know the steps and you want others to do them for you, along with answering the same questions over and over.

19. Hieveryone thread starter macrumors 68040

From the website SquareTrade seems ok?

Maybe AppleCare+ is better, i don't know, but I think Squartrade will be fine for me.

Any negative experiences for members on here would be good to hear.

20. Hieveryone thread starter macrumors 68040

Believe it or not I was in the shower and AGAIN my iPhone fell from where I kept it face down, not too far though just a few inches.

I hope I didn’t get any soap residue in the speaker. Kinda paranoid right now.

Will clean it out with microfiber cloth later but it sounds loud and good so should be ok.

21. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

The Reality is, you make these mistakes yourself and I’m not sure why you continually ask advice for something that you have complete control over by _not_ bringing your iPhone in the shower with you, being that you yourself have admitted your accident prone.

22. Dmr6186 macrumors newbie

Couldn’t help but think of this guy when I read your posts and username.

Attached Files:

23. belvdr macrumors 603

Agreed. I'm not sure the purpose of bringing a phone into the shower other than to say you do so.

24. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

This is the 487th started post for the OP:eek:

25. Phone Junky macrumors 65816

Phone Junky