Dropped my iPod Touch, but everything still works fine, but...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by fel10, Sep 23, 2010.

1. fel10 macrumors 68000

fel10

Am I going to have any issues in the future???? Right now it works like new, but I was just wondering if it might effect something in the near future.

Sorry about the noob question, I'm just kind of paranoid about my stuff.

2. mchad macrumors member

uhm...nobody can answer that question for you. Who knows whats going to happen...call a psychic hotline :)

3. dhlee528 macrumors member

this is why I got accidental damage warranty....

it could be waste of money, but about $15 per year..

it's pretty good deal..

4. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

I have had my 1G for a couple years, dropped it several times, nothing wrong with it (save a few dents and scratches)

5. fashi0nless macrumors newbie

i've dropped my ipod several times...on a wooden floor and outside on concrete and nothing happened to it. it worked fine. luckily i had a case b/c no scratches or dents or cracks. i think that would be your only worry making sure it didn't get scratched or whatever.

6. Macdude2010 macrumors 65816

Macdude2010

Same thing happened to my 4g but instead of just dropping it on the ground it was in my dock and the entire dock flew off my nightstand. Dock is finished because the new touches dock connector stayed in place and bent forward but my touch works fine

7. fel10 thread starter macrumors 68000

fel10

Yeah, mine has a case, so nothing happened to it. Thank God!

8. lewis82 macrumors 68000

lewis82

I dropped mine a couple times without a case. No dents. Scratches are there because I don't use a case.

9. traxxasthomas macrumors member

No it will not. If you drop it again it might get hurt and break. GET A HARD CASE:eek:

10. Zompac macrumors newbie

Who knows

I drop my iPod touch and iPad all the time on concrete, and they work like new. But remember! Never charge your pods under a pillow, wrapped up in a blanket, or any kind of fabric because it will overheat and burn out the battery.

That's exactly what happened to my first gen 16gb, charged it while falling asleep, woke up found it under my pillow and it almost gave me a burn. Then I only got 30 minutes of battery per charge and it weakened the wifi signal, I was unable to steal the neighbors Internet anymore so returned it for $400 because those were the old days when iPod touches were boring and There were no app store. Then ended up buying a motorola razor 2 which was my favorite phone I ever had :). I even ripped it in half and it still worked. Ahh good old middle school days

11. Bernard SG macrumors 65816

Bernard SG

I'm sure your Touch will be OK, but avoid dropping it again. The more it drops, the more the glass deteriorates and eventually breaks.
    But the thing will work, don't worry.

12. Googlyhead macrumors 6502

It's not likely to have shaken something loose that will slowly worsen and cause a problem: the thing is all solid electronics (no moving parts or hard disk) and pretty sturdily built.
    The only parts I'd expect to be at all easily damageable would be the screen and casing.
    In summary; if the drop affected something, you'd know about it already.

13. SlovakApple macrumors 6502

One of my buddies has dropped his iPod touch on the pavement without a case. He does not say that it would not work properly.