Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Adutrumque

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 8, 2012
Sweden
I'm paranoid as hell. So take this with a small spoon.

I dropped it 1 meter onto a tree floor. I have this really cheap frosted case worth 2 dollars so I don't know if that's protecting the inside for bumps ?

Could something have happened on the inside ? I do not notice anything ATM but it feels like the device is going to lag or burn hot .

Damn I'm paranoid.

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
Something "could" happen, but is very unlikely. Usually when people drop their phones the damage is to the externals, not the internals. As long as you do not hear unusual rattles, you should be ok (the camera rattle is normal)

Nolander07

macrumors 6502a
Oct 16, 2012
Should be fine. I would think there would be external damage if it hit hard enough to damage the insides.
I dropped mine on a tile floor from waist height with no case and I haven't even noticed any external damage (granted it is the white).

Bahroo

macrumors 68000
Jul 21, 2012
Dude your lifes over, just go lock your self in a dark room for a very long time. You dropped your ip5 on the floor with a case..lifes over

zbarvian

macrumors 68010
Jul 23, 2011
My god man how do you function on a daily basis? I'm sure the phone is fine, relax. Lol.

bwhli

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2012
Boston, MA
I'm paranoid as hell. So take this with a small spoon.

I dropped it 1 meter onto a tree floor. I have this really cheap frosted case worth 2 dollars so I don't know if that's protecting the inside for bumps ?

Could something have happened on the inside ? I do not notice anything ATM but it feels like the device is going to lag or burn hot .

Damn I'm paranoid.

Stop thinking so much about it. I'm sure it's fine.

VandyChem2009

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2011
Houston, Texas
If you dropped the phone and there is no external evidence and the phone isn't acting funny just go on with your very simple life. I say simple since the most pressing issue you have is dropping your phone.

dontwalkhand

macrumors 603
Jul 5, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
I dropped my phone a couple times too, which was on to TILE floor, and nothing happened, and there is nothing to worry about. I also use a $2 clear case.

lelisa13p

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2009
Atlanta, GA USA
BTW, a wood floor is much more forgiving than cement. I think the order for panic, sorting by floor hardness, least to most, would be:

Carpet
Vinyl flooring (depending on what's underneath)
Wood floor
Tile
Cement
Marble

Info for your next drop. YMMV :D

VandyChem2009

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2011
Houston, Texas
I would say cement and asphalt one should be more worried about than marble, as cement and asphalt generally is textured, and that texture, could either break the phone entirely or severely scratch it.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking as well. I know marble is much denser but still marble is nice and smooth.

lelisa13p

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2009
Atlanta, GA USA
Nice and smooth and hard as he11. But you're right, it's slick (I say, having slipped on a slick spot on a marble floor and cracked my noggin. :( )

Rocko1

macrumors 68020
Nov 3, 2011
BTW, a wood floor is much more forgiving than cement. I think the order for panic, sorting by floor hardness, least to most, would be:

Carpet
Vinyl flooring (depending on what's underneath)
Wood floor
Tile
Cement
Marble

Info for your next drop. YMMV :D

It's called concrete. Cement is only one part of concrete-binding agent.

Rocko1

macrumors 68020
Nov 3, 2011
Most people wouldn't care one way or another.

Thank you for educating me. I feel so much smarter. :)

Actually it's been proven that most mature adults prefer not to be ignorant, as in incorrectly describing building materials, etc. I can see by your response that your ego was bruised which is typical and expected. Maybe you should be more open to learning and also dealing with your feelings of inadequacy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.