Dropped your 6, 6+ yet ° ° ?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nouveau-apple, Dec 20, 2014.

?

Did you drop your iPhone 6 or 6+?

1. Yes

44.7%
  2. No

60.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nouveau-apple, Dec 20, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2014

nouveau-apple macrumors 6502a

Tell us where and how! Case no case. And did it sustain any damage.

2. Spink10 Suspended

Spink10

iPhone 6+

Apple Case Black

Dropped it about 3.5 feet onto concrete and hit the corner. Damaged the leather a lot. Phone was fine.

Note: You really make some useless threads - FYI

3. thegrants82 macrumors 65816

Haven't dropped mine.

4. lwilliams macrumors regular

lwilliams

No drops here, but, my 6 Plus and my wife's 6 are the first phones I have ever gotten insurance on........... fingers crossed!

5. Miguel760 macrumors member

My girlfriend dropped my 6 (first fall ever and was inside a apple silicon case) yesterday about 2 feet. Luckily it landed on some dirty clothes. Was pissed at first but realized it was just a accident.

A couple weeks ago my girlfriend dropped her 6 (bout 3 feet) on my wooden floor. The phone was naked but ended up being fine.

As you can tell, she is very clumsy.

6. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

Dropped while on treadmill. Very thin case, no damage...though I nearly fell off myself trying to retrieve it. :p

(For the record, I've dropped every iDevice I've owned, and knock on wood, not one of them has been damaged beyond a small nick or two. Yes, I insure them all.)

7. bronzini macrumors member

Dropped it about 3rd time (klutz) 2 weeks ago. Had a Casemate case on it, which have normally served me well over the years. First time I noticed a crack on the corner, but phone did fall on concrete. Phone was fine. Dropped recently,wood floor, the 2 weeks ago, and case broke where it cracked at corner. Phone was fine. Gonna contact Casemate as seriously, 2months and case cracks and breaks?

Yes, I have AppleCare

8. Brittany246 macrumors 6502a

I dropped it on my laptop when I tried to pick it up. A tiny dot of the corner looks like it was rubbed off. This phone is pretty slippery. I almost dropped it about 3 times while I was waiting for the case I wanted to be back in stock.

9. ihatephish, Dec 20, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2014

ihatephish macrumors regular

I've dropped my 6+ several times and only use the leather case. Ironically enough, the shortest and most padded drop was on an airplane, from the seat to the floor, that inflicted the most damage (a very small dent right above the charge port).

10. Bobioden macrumors 68000

Bobioden

Dropped my 6 Plus from about 3 feet screen down on concrete. Single hairline crack from home button up the whole left side. It was in in Apple Leather case, but screen down, no case would have helped it. Since it was a single hairline crack I got it replaced by Apple under warranty.

11. Shadowbech macrumors 601

I dropped it on the soft bed if that counts ;D. Otherwise no, my phone hasn't been dropped yet.

12. nouveau-apple thread starter macrumors 6502a

It fell when I was trying to charge it I placed it on the protruding outlet. There are noticable scratches on the left corner on the side.

I don't actually care if my 6 gets scratched.

13. veedubshafer macrumors 6502

I've dropped my 6 plus several times now. The worst was the other day. I dropped it while getting out of my Tahoe. Fell about 4 feet flat on its back. Black leather Apple case had gravel stuck in it. After a couple days of use the leather has mostly healed up by itself and the phone didn't skip a beat. I love my 6 plus.

14. Sosab123 macrumors member

Dropped my 6 plus from almost 6 feet onto concrete. Didn't crack screen but scuffed an edge and made the display almost separate. Sent it in for a replacement. Good thing I bought 2.

Noticeably my second 6+ is kinda heavier and the vibration is soft and the battery doesn't last as long as my other one. I might send this one in for a replacement after it gets back

15. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

iPhone 6 and not dropped yet. In Spigen Case should it ever get dropped.

16. Shanghaichica macrumors G3

Shanghaichica

My bag fell off the chair at a restaurant onto a carpeted floor yesterday. My 6 plus was inside but it was in a case and it was a minor fall, not very far about the distance from my knee to my foot and I'm only 5"3 so don't have long legs! Plus the bag absorbed everything. It was in the Apple leather case at the time. I changed the case for my phone yesterday and in the process I inspected the phone. It didn't have any marks on it. I've never dropped it whilst using it.

17. T5BRICK macrumors G3

T5BRICK

I dropped my 6+ from about 2 feet onto a hardwood floor. I don't use a case and it is perfectly fine.

18. JHUFrank macrumors 6502a

JHUFrank

I haven't dropped mine yet. But a buddy dropped his today at about 4 feet, glass shattered.

19. yjchua95 macrumors 604

The truth has been spoken.

Moderators should outright ban the OP already.

20. AppleFanatic10 macrumors 68030

AppleFanatic10

Dropped it while I was getting my eyebrows done. Had to be about 2-3 feet off the bench thing. My phone would've been totaled if it didn't have a glass screen protector on it. Guess I'll be using a case from now on... But I'm insured so idk lol.

P.S. There is a small nick near the top right corner.

21. Shikaka macrumors regular

I owned a 3GS and 5 and didn't have a single drop in 5 years. Currently have a 6+ with a Tech21 Classic Check case and Tech Armor Ballistic Glass screen protector. Dropped twice.

First drop was 5 ft. onto grass/dirt. The phone landed on the top corner and didn't suffer any damage.

Second drop was 5 ft. onto smooth concrete. Phone landed face down and bounced. I haven't taken the case off but the phone doesn't seem to be damaged. I think the case and SP did their job.

Oh, and I lost count of the number of times I have dropped the phone on my face while laying in bed, web surfing.

22. bushido Suspended

bushido

dropped my 6 on the bathroom floor twice within a minute after it also hit the sink once. went back to my bed room and it slipped of the edge of my bed and hit the floor one more time within 5 minutes smh lol shouldn't be using the slippery phone early in the morning without a case. survived without scratches though. also good thing I got apple care + so I don't really care

23. nouveau-apple thread starter macrumors 6502a

I've dropped my 6 less than other phones. The back seems pretty dry.

24. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

So what's the purpose of your poll and your "I know you did" in your OP?

25. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.