Dropshadow from hell...

tjwett

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 6, 2002
Brooklyn, NYC
what's up with Apple's website? it looks like they increased the opacity and distance of all the dropshadows on the site. the buttons almost gave me an epileptic seizure. they need to fix it pronto.

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
its seems that that style is just for the new PowerMac

each piece of hardware has its own style - pretty odd looking at them all at the same time.

I think that who ever did this one wasn't executing the design correctly - it does have some problems.

D

Attachments

drastik

macrumors 6502a
Apr 10, 2002
Nashvegas
not much continuity there, that's not great design. May its just an aftereffect of the site updates, hopefully tey'll get it together soon

tjwett

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 6, 2002
Brooklyn, NYC
good to know i'm not just losing my mind, or sight. i guess it is just for the PM. man, it gross though.

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Originally posted by drastik
not much continuity there, that's not great design. May its just an aftereffect of the site updates, hopefully tey'll get it together soon
Well, my thinking is that each machine is different, so they're doing a different style for each. It is relatively subtle when not all seen together. I'm thinking it was done on purpose from the start. It will be interesting to see what's going to happen with the new graphics initiative - I'd love to see something a little more slick and hi-tech.

D