iPad Drove six hours but finally got it, no more denial I am a fanboy.

Discussion in 'iPad' started by capcaveman, Nov 1, 2013.

1. capcaveman, Nov 1, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2013

capcaveman macrumors member

Got to my Verizon store at 7 AM because they told me they thought they might have some today. Waited till 730 and found out they did not so I went across the street to Best Buy. I had called the day before and Best Buy assured me that they absolutely would have the one I wanted 128 GB Verizon in gray. I actually had signed up and completed my application for the special 0% financing it was approved and they were about to ring me up they tried to bring out the iPad no luck they did not have it. So I called the Apple stores all around my area and each one said they might since it was still early in the morning I drove to two without luck then one suggested I should go ahead and buy with the app so I could pick it up at the store and they assured me I would not be able to make the purchase with my app unless the store actually had one. I would still be able to pick it up today so I made the order and started off to that store that was 40 minutes away or so but I called ahead and sure enough they told me they did not have one either. Call back the Apple rep ask her to cancel my order she said she could not cancel it until it showed that it was ready to pick up. Was getting frustrated figured I would cut my losses and just pick it up on the available date next week but there was one other store three hours from me in Oklahoma City. Told that store my story they felt sorry for me and did have the one I wanted to put my name on it I drove six hours round-trip and got it and stopped by Turner Falls on the way back it was actually a pretty nice drive now this thing really rocks and I totally love it

2. Ipadfever macrumors 6502

Ipadfever

3. iapplelove macrumors 68040

iapplelove

4. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Feels good to get your hands on it after all that effort, doesn't it? :D

5. capcaveman thread starter macrumors member

Absolutely, it became a bit of a quest! This one will always have a special place in my gadget drawer.

6. imejh macrumors member

imejh

Haha that's hardcore fanboy. Sometimes ya got to do what ya got to do and feed the need. Congrats for finally getting what you wanted.

7. westcoastin macrumors member

Wow. 6 hours of driving for an iPad is pretty intense. Seems like you're enjoying it, though. Happy for you!

8. Cell-666 macrumors 6502

That's nothing, my friends who lives in the Outer Hebrides of the coast of Scotland, a small village on the Isle of Harris. He set off yesterday morning to get the ferry to a place called Ullapool, then a drive to Glasgow.

He's got his Air, and bought a 27 inch iMac while he was there.....he's still not home yet and is holed up in an hotel in Ullapool waiting for the morning ferry. Travel time so far, 25 HOURS lol.

9. hachiman macrumors regular

I guess it depends on how much you really want it.

10. comatose81 macrumors 6502a

Wow. Apple has really figured our how to trigger the addictive side of human brains...

11. Apple fanboy macrumors P6

Apple fanboy

Would he have qualified for free delivery?

12. Caliber26 macrumors 68000

Caliber26

That's an awesome story! I love people who say F-it and just got for what they want. I drove nearly three hours (round trip) for my 5S last month, so I can imagine your excitement. Enjoy it!

13. Cell-666 macrumors 6502

He wanted the iMac for ages to replace his Mac Mini. Never been the an Apple Store, the Air came out so it gave him an excuse lol. Plus he popped in to see his x-wife for a quick coffee.

Don't think they do free delivery to the OH, but he wanted the "experience" of going to the store, he doesn't get off the Island much lol.

14. salmankhan macrumors member

salmankhan

It all depends how much u crave for something. As you all there is no official apple store in pakistan. And thus the rip offs shopkeepers charge u a hefty premium for an apple product. Thus to get my paws on the new iphone i travelled to china by road and o man what an adventure it was. WORTH IT. :)

15. BJonson macrumors 6502a

BJonson

I've driven farther for some strange. I know how you feel OP.

16. darthbane2k macrumors 6502

lol! love this part. ;)

17. Cell-666 macrumors 6502

Yeah they are still friends, they split mainly because he wanted to live in the middle of nowhere, she like city living. She now married to on other friend of ours lol.

18. Robster3 macrumors 68000

Lets hope he doesn't have to return them :)

19. Marrakas macrumors 6502

Marrakas

Wow, and here I am driving 15 minutes to get the 32GB cellular and they only have 64GB which I figure is too expensive so I head home and order online instead. That was my hunt at release.

20. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

Man that is a lot of effort. I wouldn't do it, but kudos to you. Glad you are enjoying it.