Drugs

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by roadbloc, Dec 27, 2009.

?

Do you use/take drugs?

1. Regularly (Weekly/Monthly/Daily)

19 vote(s)
    26.0%
  2. Occasionally (Yearly/Once every blue moon)

16 vote(s)
    21.9%
  3. Never

38 vote(s)
    52.1%
  1. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

Drugs are a bit of silent and sensitive topic. But they have been and still are a part of my life.

When younger, I was addicted to heroin. Thankfully I'm off that now, but I still recreationally take softer drugs, such as ket, weed and shrooms. And I smoke and drink regally.

What do you guys think? It's always been the norm for me, and in my industry (musician and producer) to take drugs on night outs. Should I stop all together?

2. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

I think more info is needed with regards to the frequency of your use. Also, do you tend to do things you regret while using?

The fact that you are a recovering addict is also quite troubling.

3. roadbloc thread starter macrumors G3

roadbloc

Okay... well, I do weed *almost* every week, and I guess I do other and more harder drugs on special events and/or on nights out. I do sometimes regret it, especially when I've passed out or thrown up or whited because of them.

4. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

Stop using "drugs". Period. They are very bad for you.

Marijuana isn't a drug.

5. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Well, marijuana use almost never causes concern. but I would keep a very close eye on the others. Ketamine, e, GHB or any other synthetic club drug you should stop using right now. Those drugs are very bad news if used often. And for god's sake do NOT go near meth.

6. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

The weed is not really a problem, but the Special K most certainly is.

7. AAPLaday Guest

AAPLaday

Special K is good for keeping your waist line trim though isn't it? :p special-k.jpg

8. red42 macrumors regular

On a recent trip to Malaysia, as soon as the plan touched down it was announced "Welcome to Malaysia, Malaysia has zero tolerance with drug trafficking, DEATH to drug traffickers!" :eek:

I have no sympathy for drug abusers or dealers though.

9. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

How about drug users?

10. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

I wouldn't consider ketamine a soft drug by any means.

Normally weed use doesn't concern me, but considering your past, it says to me you have an addictive personality, so I'd use caution with just about any substance.

11. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

Why do people freely admit to doing illegal things?

When younger? WTF, you are only 16 right NOW according to your website (born in 93)

There we go;)

12. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

Medical Marijuana is legal in Oregon and I hold a card.

13. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

I wasnt talking about soley weed there (just look at the first post, he names off quite a bit...) and chances are, he doesn't have a medical card as hes 16 and that would be illegal most likely* (assuming laws in the UK, where hes from, are similar to US). Also smokes at drinks regulary at 16 in addition to ket, shrooms and weed?

14. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Yeah... I'm curious, are there other people out there who consider ketamine a "soft" drug? I would put it pretty high on the danger scale...

15. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

If they did not admit to it, you'd have no way of knowing how extensive usage is. This is by and large an anonymous forum, so what's the harm?

16. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

anonymous maybe if he didnt have his website that said who he is, where he lives, where he goes to school and how old he is buuuut he does

17. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

You do not in anyway shape or form need an addictive personality to get hooked on heroin.

18. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Well, that is a little foolish, isn't it? There are some cops who are members here, too...

19. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Of course not, but actually having one makes the whole situation much more frightening.

20. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

Don't even have to be a cop. All police facilities have anonymous tip reporting concerning illegal activities and with the info he's willingly provided, he just opened up a potential can of worms for himself if someone cares enough to report him

I say that to illustrate just how foolish it is to list illegal activites you have done and then give personally identifiable information in the same post

21. felt. macrumors 6502a

They seem to work out fine for some, while completely ruining others. You can't really generalize and say if it's good or bad entirely, but rather look at it on a case by case basis. If it doesn't affect your ability to provide and care for yourself and/or any dependents and you enjoy it then go for it. However you should be aware that there are unfortunate consequences associated with long term abuse, ones easily avoided by getting your good feelings from other activities.

22. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

LOL....uh, yeah, prob time for you to be cutting back

23. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

No sir I don't do them, nor would I want to. I like my mind the way it is... cluttered and barking mad.

24. IntheNet macrumors regular

IntheNet

Illegality of drugs remove them from consideration; heavy penalties for users and distributors should be maintained to lock up those abusing their life with them.

25. SkyBell macrumors 604

SkyBell

I'll admit, I use weed on occasion. I don't see a problem with it as long as it doesn't become a daily thing.

The harder stuff, yeah it's definitely something to stay away from, though. Most of the people I know who do that stuff are OK for the most part, (they don't use regularly) but it's far too easy to get hardcore addicted.