Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macphisto

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 29, 2002
At home
Since I seem to full of questions today :), I thought that I would pose another one.

I have a dual 800 quicksilver tower here at work that we use for video work. It has the nVidia GEForce 2MX with 32 Megs of RAM, but...it is not the twin view card so we cannot span it across two monitors (we have the a Matrox RTMac card, but we disabled it for reasons that we will not get into in this post.) Is there a software or a firmware hack to allow us span it across the monitors? I know that xlr8yourmac had a similar thing for the iMac, but I could not find it. Can anyone help?

Thank you in advance for any help.

saabmp3

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2002
Tacoma, WA
Well, does your card have two VGA outs? If it does then you should be able to, if it doesn't then no hack is going to help you.

BEN

macphisto

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 29, 2002
At home
Well, that is the thing. It does, but I don't know why it won't span. It just mirrors, which is really weird, because I could have swore it would span.

straphound

macrumors member
Jul 23, 2002
Ohio
GeForce 2 MX

It may be a limitation of the drivers or the card itself. While the cards on the PC side of things supported twin view (now nView) monitor spanning, my old GeForce 3 Ti200 did the same thing as your MX. No matter what I did, the card only mirrored. I later found out that the GeForce 3 did not support monitor spanning. :mad:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.