Dual Display, Parallels Desktop in 10.4.10 Annoyance, there must be a fix!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by coocooforcocoap, Oct 21, 2007.

1. coocooforcocoap macrumors regular

coocooforcocoap

Hi all, i am running 10.4.10 on a mbp with latest parallels desktop - lovin it - but there is one annoyance, well maybe 2, but this one bugs me:

* using dual screen in convergence mode all the messages/dialogues that pop up are placed directally in the middle of the two screens, ie split. As i have a 4-inch gap between monitors this is very disconcerting. There must be a fix yes?

The other annoyance is the password thing, to enter Parallels u have to enter ur password and to leave u have to do it again. That makes no sense to me whatsoever, but maybe there is a reason....

Well, thanks for your help!!!

2. rogersmj macrumors 68020

rogersmj

No, there probably isn't a fix. The reason that happens is because Parallels is made to think your two screens are actually one giant monitor, so it puts dialogs in the center of that monitor. That's the only way you can run Parallels across multiple screens. Personally I just keep Parallels on one screen.

By "enter Parallels" do you mean starting up the program itself, or logging into a virtual machine? If the former, it may be that your virtual HDD files are owned by an administrator. I'm not sure what could be causing that because I don't have to provide a password when starting Parallels.

3. coocooforcocoap thread starter macrumors regular

coocooforcocoap

HI THANKS FOR THAT! too bad about the multimonitor support, it makes using things like premiere or protools a pain..but considering there is not firewire support there, it does not matter i suppose.

but the password thing is good news...there must be a way to fix on my box then. when i start pd from the icon on my desktop i get challenged sometime twice for the userid password, then the boot process starts. when i quit windows before the pd screen goes away, i have to enter that in again. i guess i am "logging in" and out, but still, it's me and i own this box!