Dual iMac Desk Mounts for Real Estate Pipeline Powerhouse

Discussion in 'iMac' started by refreshingsolut, Apr 15, 2015.

1. refreshingsolut macrumors newbie

I have been doing research and more research on how I can mount my two iMacs and cannot figure out if there's even a solution for my needs.

I have a mid-2010 27'' iMac & a late-2013 27'' iMac. I want to have a dual mount like that from Monitors in Motion. Here's the problems I'm seeing though, my older iMac has very limited mounting options because of the weight and my new iMac needs some expensive modification to allow for VESA mounts? Tell me I'm wrong here. It appears mountmymonitor has a solution but I'm not crazy about that either.

Is there not a solution to have a dual mount for BOTH iMacs (and potentially a 3rd) without dropping ~$2k? I mean is there even an option? I know it sounds crazy but I run a successful real estate pipeline company and hate my current setup as it's taking up far too much desk room.

My ideal setup would be a dual mount, one which is somewhat stationary and another that is flexible so I can put it above or to the side of one of my imacs.

2. campyguy macrumors 68030

The only other "solution" out there that I know of is the Ergotech Freedom Arm, and there's a specific version for mounting iMacs. They're single arm - my business partner has one for his 27" iMac and it looks great and seems to work fine. There's a reseller on Amazon that's selling them for just under $85 - that's what I paid for it. You'd need two arms, but you might not mind that much - I have Dell 4k 27" displays connected to a Herman Miller Flo Dual and my rMBP is resting on a laptop adapter attached to a Herman Miller Flo Plus, that's 3 arms hovering over my desk and I've sold 3 clients on my set up in less than a month...

The manufacturer you called out has a couple of pretty cool solutions - reach out to them and ask them if they'll hook you up with a "mix-and-match" solution (it can't hurt!) - one of the fixed-plane arms matched up with a Cobra arm, that would be pretty cool...