Dual Monitor Question: 27inch iMac + LED Cinema Display

Discussion in 'iMac' started by nghix123, Jun 26, 2011.

1. nghix123 macrumors newbie

Hi All,

I recently purchased an iMac 27inch i7 and running it with my old 24inch LED cinema display. When I'm not photoshopping, I usually play a few games such as (Starcraft 2 and League of Legends). Is there any way on making the 2nd monitor (LED Cinema Display) not turn pitch black while running full screen mode? I would like to be able to play full screen mode on the iMac while still being able to see messages (iChat/E-mails) on the 2nd monitor.

I don't mind playing games in windows mode but the problem I have with that is the mouse won't stay lock within that window. Is there a fix for this as well?

Any help or advice will be much appreciated.

[​IMG]

2. DannyBres macrumors 65816

DannyBres

in starcraft you can select full screen windowed i believe and it does not disable the socond screen and it does loack the cursor! and if something happens on your second screen you can just cmd + tab to 'unlock' your mouse

3. mrfoof82 macrumors 6502a

Sadly this is rather game dependent, though generally most games will only not lock the mouse in Windowed mode.

This is how the game was written, not OS X. You'll run into similar (and usually identical) issues on Windows.

4. nghix123 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks! I'll try it out for Starcraft 2 but sadly there's no fix for League of Legends.

I appreciate the response. I'll keep that in mind.