dual sim iphone any one use it? for what and I have a few questions

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by lilchub101, Jul 18, 2009.

1. lilchub101 macrumors member

Hey all I am going to buy a Iphone 3g s for 599 I am assuming it is possible to buy it without a contract like you could with the iphone 3g. Is this true?

So what I want to do with a dual sim card would be buy a go phone sim and pay $20 a month for unlimited data then put my normal sim from att in and use that for talking/texting is this possible? the reason I want to do it this way is because I have a data block on my normal plan because I'm on a family plan and can not add data to the plan is this possible to use both sims at the same time like say be browsing on edge (I don't have 3g near here) and get a call at the same time from my normal att plan?

thanks for your help

2. jotamurray macrumors member

In Spain you can't get an iphone without a 2 year contract with the official carrier.

However some people who regret buying it re-sell it in internet - that's how i got my as good as new 3g.

About dual sim card, as far as I know you can only use one at a time. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qq_FW1d_IaM

However, there is a chinese copy of the iphone which has 2 slots for sim cards and can be used at the same time.