Dubai Ruler’s daughter must watch video

stylinexpat

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 6, 2009
I’d like to know more about this. No info about the context of this video is provided, other than she appears to be afraid.
They can only provide as little as possible. Imagine how many out there are out looking for her after what she just did and said.

stylinexpat

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 6, 2009
For some parts of world, murder (emotional or otherwise) is part of family planning. :mad:
Sad but true.. I am surprised the guy with her did not know any better. Went through all that hard work and effort to get her out and let her use her smartphone.? Her addiction to social media was pretty much what got her caught. She would have been free and clear had she kept off that smartphone or not even brought one with her. She should have taped it under a bus or taxi seat with an extra battery attached to it. He had a great get away plan but she brought along her GPS tracking device with them :rolleyes: :eek:

vrDrew

macrumors 65816
Jan 31, 2010
Midlife, Midwest
I know we don't correct folks grammar, spelling, and punctuation here on PRSI... but in this case a colon or em dash might make all the difference.

I found myself wondering what video was so informative and/or persuasive that the Emir of Dubai compelled his daughter to watch it. As opposed to what I believe was intended: ie. a "must see" video about the Emir's daughter and her disappearance.

Big picture: The fact that in the second decade of the 21st century a considerable portion of the world's petrochemical wealth and resources are controlled by dictatorial hereditary monarchies, with pretty much zero in the way of civil rights, rule of law, or notions of an equitable and progressive society is a real tragedy. The entire Arabian peninsula is one disaster waiting to happen. And I think we can place the blame for this squarely on the shoulders of the British Empire builders of the late Victorian era, who thought that was a convenient and appropriate way to run a country.