Dude! Its an XBOX 360!

Xeem

macrumors 6502a
Feb 2, 2005
Minnesota
They have one set up to demo at our nearest Wal-Mart. I'll buy one for Halo 3 and Resident Evil 5, but not before then.

jared_kipe

macrumors 68030
Dec 8, 2003
Seattle
Pre order, ha ha ha they've been sold out for months. So you should say "if only it wasn't made by microsoft I wouldn't hesitate to sit outside my local target for a week to get one."

SilentPanda

Moderator emeritus
Oct 8, 2002
The Bamboo Forest
I was going to sit outside to get one (mainly because that night I have nothing better to do so why not give it a shot) but then they released their compatibility list for XBox games and... out of the 30-40 games I own 3 were on the list... 3 of which I don't play anymore. I know that I can still play them on my old XBox but I was planning on getting the 360 and getting rid of the XBox immediately. Ah well... maybe later I'll look into it. A few of the games that I "wanted" for the 360 were pushed back and the few that weren't are available on the PC anyway... t'would be a waste of $400+ to get it right now for myself.

RobHague

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 8, 2005
jared_kipe said:
Pre order, ha ha ha they've been sold out for months. So you should say "if only it wasn't made by microsoft I wouldn't hesitate to sit outside my local target for a week to get one."
Well they are still taking orders for them around here. If you order the 'core' pack you have a better chance of getting one -- but i dont mind waiting till next year for more stocks to arrive. If i decided to buy one of course...

MacRy

macrumors 601
Apr 2, 2004
England
Wow that's one big power brick!

Put my order in on Amazon UK a couple of days ago so I should get mine sometime around the release of Windows Vista ;)

Actually i've just checked on Amazon and they are stating that orders placed after the 2nd of November will have a ship date in 2006 :( I may have to cancel my order and lkeep an eye out for stores with them in instead.

solvs

macrumors 603
Jun 25, 2002
LaLaLand, CA
Does the game controller not suck this time? The last controller sucked. Meh, who am I kidding, my PS2 is collecting dust right now. Anyone want to buy a slightly used PS2? :p

RobHague

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 8, 2005
So im thinking... Mac + Xbox = Disaster?

You know, get new 360, set it up next to my shiny apple computer... hook it up to my cinema display and BANG! it fries. Maybe its a coincidence? So i go to bed, wake up in the morning to find the G5 on the floor in bits and the 360 sat in its place looking all innocent. I think the 360 is a trojan horse! Microsoft want one in your house to sabotage Apple products! Trust no one.

Why can't Apple make a console anyway? :p the 'iStation' or the 'iPlay' lol :D

satans_banjo

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2005
SE London
SilentPanda said:
They totally should! But I think a better name would be Pippin. ;)
is that a fake?

if not, that is so ahead of it's time! that's what all the consoles are trying to do today - simulate a computer while being primarily for games. if apple released another, more updated version of the Pippin then it would rule all the other consoles out! networked consoles in the mid '90s? that's so good!

greatdevourer

macrumors 68000
Aug 5, 2005
satans_banjo said:
is that a fake?

if not, that is so ahead of it's time! that's what all the consoles are trying to do today - simulate a computer while being primarily for games. if apple released another, more updated version of the Pippin then it would rule all the other consoles out! networked consoles in the mid '90s? that's so good!
Nope, not fake. Just like the Newton and the Cube :( Amazing ideas so ahead of their time that they were cancelled before any competition arrived

2nyRiggz

macrumors 603
Aug 20, 2005
Thank you Jah...I'm so Blessed
so this guy got his 10days early before launch.....good for you....play a few games.....hold up...are there games ready?

that power brick is almost as big as the unit itself.....thats a real block

Bless

kwajo.com

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2002
Bay of Fundy
I admit the power bricks is large, ugly and annoying, but it's not like macs don't have power bricks either. the mac mini one is massive relative to the size of the computer itself, though at least it's sleek and looks presentable and doesn't HAVE to be relegated to under a table

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
greatdevourer said:
Nope, not fake. Just like the Newton and the Cube :( Amazing ideas so ahead of their time that they were cancelled before any competition arrived
nah not really. I don't know about its popularity outside of Europe but we had the Amiga and its CD32 addon. hell, the Amiga provided more functionality than windows (heh, not hard) with a fully working GUI OS which I think put Apple's to shame. back in the day of course. and it spoke. THAT was an amazing machine/console.

Blackheart

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2004
Seattle
RobHague said:
So im thinking... Mac + Xbox = Disaster?

You know, get new 360, set it up next to my shiny apple computer... hook it up to my cinema display and BANG! it fries. Maybe its a coincidence? So i go to bed, wake up in the morning to find the G5 on the floor in bits and the 360 sat in its place looking all innocent. I think the 360 is a trojan horse! Microsoft want one in your house to sabotage Apple products! Trust no one.

Why can't Apple make a console anyway? :p the 'iStation' or the 'iPlay' lol :D
Wait a sec... how are you going to attach it to your cinema display? Doesn't the UberBox360 only come with component?

clayj

macrumors 604
Jan 14, 2005
visiting from downstream
Blackheart said:
Wait a sec... how are you going to attach it to your cinema display? Doesn't the UberBox360 only come with component?
It can support S-Video, component, and other high-end connectors, provided you buy the right adapter kit.

The old RF converter option is no longer an option, though. (Thank goodness.)

Blackheart

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2004
Seattle
clayj said:
It can support S-Video, component, and other high-end connectors, provided you buy the right adapter kit.

The old RF converter option is no longer an option, though. (Thank goodness.)
I'm confused now. :( . The UberBox has component out (RGB), while the display has DVI in, have you found a converter to do this? For the life of me, I can only find DVI->Component.

clayj

macrumors 604
Jan 14, 2005
visiting from downstream
Blackheart said:
I'm confused now. :( . The UberBox has component out (RGB), while the display has DVI in, have you found a converter to do this? For the life of me, I can only find DVI->Component.
Ah. I forgot that the ACD uses DVI... there doesn't seem to be an adapter that will work with DVI. (There is one for VGA.)