Duh, which way do I go

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by mudslag, May 27, 2017.

1. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

2. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

Wasteland! He didn't know it was picture time. BFD.

3. mudslag thread starter macrumors regular

mudslag

Can you prove that?

4. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

Yes. If he knew it was picture time he wouldn't have walked away.

5. mudslag thread starter macrumors regular

mudslag

That's not proof, that's conjecture.

6. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

7. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

You're claiming he has dementia. It's ridiculous. Wasteland this thread please.

8. mudslag thread starter macrumors regular

mudslag

I asked a question, that's not a claim. Reading comprehension 101

9. pdjudd macrumors 601

You don’t get to make that call, thats up to the mods. We are allowed to criticize Trumps sometimes bizarre behavior and the OP is not doing anything medically unethical or against the rules. He is commenting on a real thing.

The OP was asking a question not making a claim.

10. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

And I answered the question. You gave us no REAL evidence so we are left to speculate wildly. As such, this thread should be sent to the wasteland.
    --- Post Merged, May 27, 2017 ---
    We will see what the mods say. Have a great day blindly attaching Trump every time he blinks.

11. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Whether it is evidence of incipient dementia or not, I cannot quite say (although I am very familiar with real life actual dementia as my mother has it) is certainly further evidence of increasingly odd and off-key behaviour and a marked inability to conduct himself with the appropriate class, grace, dignity and decorum during formal occasions that one ought to be able to expect from a sitting President, and that Mr Trump ought to have learned to do by now.

A polite smile, a sane (repeat sane, not primate chest-thumping wrench-arm-from-shoulder-socket, or crunch fingers) handshake (this is a man whose body language is morphing from strange to downright weird), some pleasantries, less paranoia, grammatical and complete sentences, and a display of basic good manners, - surely this is not too much to ask from someone who holds the office of President when he meets a visiting foreign dignitary in a formal setting.

12. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Late signs of lieing and incompetence. No one had mentioned Israel. Thanks for the confirmation Donny! :oops:

13. mudslag thread starter macrumors regular

mudslag

Again I asked a question, I made no claim. If you're upset about the thread, don't participate, no one is forcing you too. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it should be closed.

14. noisycats macrumors 6502a

noisycats

No, just more general evidence he is wholly unfit for the job.

Regardless of whether he knew it picture time or not, you don't just ignore and walk away from your host.

Trump is a moron. On the world stage.

15. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Might not be dementia in the generally understood use of the word...but apparently there is some cognitive impairment in Trump.

And to think that Trump was trying to depict Clinton as the one who was too feeble to be president.

16. jpietrzak8 macrumors 65816

jpietrzak8

Nah, this is just the effect of Jet Lag, and scheduling way too many events in too few days. He looks completely knackered. Probably explains his weird "I never mentioned Israel" statement as well...

17. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

of course he did not it was like the first time for him.

18. Scepticalscribe, May 27, 2017
    Last edited: May 27, 2017

Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

If this was the only example of crass manners, complete cluelessness, boorishness, utter ignorance, the usual lack of grace, dignity and decorum, that Mr Trump had demonstrated, of course, I'd give him a pass. Especially if claiming fatigue.

But, the trouble is, this is typical of the man - bombastic, chaotic, narcissistic, and clueless - irrespective of whether he is tired or alert.

Yes, I seem to recall a great many of those daft threads, the ones that condemned Hillary Clinton - wildly - for coughing, for tripping, for having a hoarse voice, for needing a nap........all attempting to argue that she was not fit - physically - to hold the office of President.

This current incumbent is not fit to hold the office of POTUS, not physically, mentally, psychologically, morally, ethically, intellectually, or even in terms of untapped raw potential, because there is none.

19. jpietrzak8 macrumors 65816

jpietrzak8

I disagree; the man is far nastier, far more glib, and far better at attacking people where they are psychologically weak when he is awake and alert. He can be much more evil in his normal daily routine than he displayed during this entire international trip.

20. Scepticalscribe, May 27, 2017
    Last edited: May 27, 2017

Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

My point is that normally I would accept the excuse of fatigue for an international statesman or leader - especially upon returning from a series of gruelling overseas or foreign trips, - after all, everyone can have an off day.

Unfortunately, Mr Trump is narcissistic, boorish and ignorant of diplomatic niceties and neurotically thin-skinned, irrespective of whether he is tired or alert.

Hm.

I watched a few of the videos during the foreign trip and they are very telling: The two handshakes with Mr Macron, - the first where Mr Macron - wise to the war of the handshake that Mr Trump appears prone to engage in with everyone he encounters (tellingly, Donald Trump refused to shake the hand of Dr Merkel, you may recall, when they first met), crushed Mr Trump's hand, gripping hard, refusing to release it as their knuckles whitened - the second where Mr Trump attempted to yank Mr Macron's arm by way of petty retribution - the boorish shoving aside of the Montenegrin Prime Minister - watch Mr Trump's face afterwards - that triumphant sneer, the head tilted back and that pompous outward tilt and thrust of the chin (last seen on portraits of Il Duce), and - perhaps most telling of all was the uncharacteristically sombre expression on the face of the normally cheerful Pontiff when the pair emerged from their meeting in the Vatican.

21. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Nah, not my claim. I am claiming he is clueless, stupid, ignorant, selfish and out of touch.

Oh yeah, corrupt too but that's unrelated to this thread.

22. citizenzen macrumors 65816

23. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

But But But Clinton !!

24. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

If Mr. Trump is too old for this job then he should have considered it before applying for the job. I'd have to try really hard to feel any empathy for him unless he's actually ill. Meanwhile I'm embarrassed that he's our President.

I refuse to clutter this holiday weekend by reading any more speculations about this guy either in the press or in here. In fact since the weatherman seems to have lost the "late frost warning" button, I may spend the time (whatever part of it doesn't involve rainshowers) outside trying to persuade some little gardens finally to take shape. My cure for growing more and more weary of Donald Trump is to ignore him on weekends anyway.

25. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

an even more effective approach is to ignore him during the week too :D