Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Slickgv

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 17, 2008
Hey guys just looking for some help. I got my gf an i pod touch for christmas and just remembered that she recently bought an i phone. I don't know much about either product but is it pointless to have both? What are some of the advantages of having both if any?

iBookG4user

macrumors 604
Jun 27, 2006
Seattle, WA
Perhaps you could have it as your iPod that you keep in the car connected to your car stereo. That way you don't have to connect your iPhone every time, or perhaps you keep different music on the iPod Touch. Some suggestions for thought.

Slickgv

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 17, 2008
maybe I'll just return it. I'm getting the idea they are basically identical

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
I've got both, a 32GB touch and a 16GB iPhone. I do all my gaming and stuff on the touch because the battery life is better and it's a fraction quicker too. I don't carry them both but it's cool to be able to play games at home without draining the battery on my phone in the process.

sjleworthy

macrumors 68000
Dec 5, 2008
Penarth, Wales, UK
just use it as a status symbol. the iphone is fugly compared to the sleak sexyness of the Touch. just keep the iphone in a brown paper bag out of sight and pimp your Touch around instead.

RKO

macrumors 6502
Oct 21, 2008
The only plus for having both an iPhone and a iPod touch is that her iPhone will not be drained of battery life playing vids, music and games. But hey You can always return it and get her something else if you are worried about it. Good luck.

RKO

macrumors 6502
Oct 21, 2008
I'm considering getting a Touch for the kids to use since they're always stealing my Phone to play games.

Ummmmm might work but if you have more than one kid I still see no end to the dilema unless you buy a touch for each of them

dasikes

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2008
Alabama
Perhaps you could have it as your iPod that you keep in the car connected to your car stereo. That way you don't have to connect your iPhone every time, or perhaps you keep different music on the iPod Touch. Some suggestions for thought.

Not a bad idea, but if you're going to do this, save some money and buy cheaper iPod model with a larger capacity.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.