Dumbest(in a funny way) thing you have said during courtship

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by foidulus, Apr 29, 2008.

1. foidulus macrumors 6502a

I was emailing a girl I'm interested in after she thanked me for giving her chocolates from Germany for a present. To add to the already huge list of why I shouldn't send emails at 3 am on an empty stomach, I told her in reply that I really like chocolate but cannot eat too much of it or else I will get fat...Probably sent an implied meaning that I really didn't mean to...Oops!:p

What verbal/written gaffs have other MRs made during this complicated process? I'm not really interested in the sad stories, just things that you can look back on and laugh about.

2. hotsauce macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Apple Communication Device: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

You know, you remind me of my ex.

3. killmoms macrumors 68040

killmoms

My whole courtship right NOW is pretty funny, actually. Although, it might seem weird to people outside the situation, so I don't know if I should talk about it too much. :eek:

4. jb60606 macrumors 6502a

5. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

go for it we'll listen, we dont get to hear ghall stories anymore, you can be the new ghall

6. KevAllen83 macrumors member

Along the same lines as the OP, my girlfriend likes to get these ice cream sandwiches called "Skinny Cows".

Of course, I never remember the name of them and continually ask her when we're in the grocery store if she "wants any more of her fat cow ice cream"

:rolleyes:

7. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

8. notjustjay macrumors 603

notjustjay

When I asked her out, it was over MSN, because I couldn't work up the nerve to bring up the subject in person whenever we talked.

She thought that was funny. Though perhaps in this day and age, that doesn't sound so unusual anymore.

9. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

i've probably done/said some odd things, but eh, thats just the way i am.

10. stargurl84 macrumors member

I've had guys give me some real lame pick up lines.....real lame

11. foidulus thread starter macrumors 6502a

Examples! Examples! Examples!

Don't just leave us hanging!

12. tersono macrumors 68000

tersono

lame pickup lines

Nothing could possibly be worse than one I heard in a pub once (I hasten to add that it wasn't me who said this!)

"My face is leaving this pub in 10 minutes. Be on it"

The only consolation was that he got pretty soundly slapped.... :p

13. Legolamb macrumors 6502a

Legolamb

Is this going to hurt?

You wouldn't believe the range of situations this covered.

14. nineteentwelve macrumors regular

On the first instance of meeting someone, not knowing it would flourish into a relationship, I said I was a Coke addict. Of course, a look appeared on her face that wasn't particularly approving until I explained it was Coca-Cola and not the white stuff.

I once tried a naff chat up line on someone but it didn't work. I won't do that again in a hurry. "Is it love at first sight or do you want me to walk by again?", see it's lame huh?

15. LeahM macrumors 6502a

LeahM

Well its not something I said but did. I'm native and have been raised with other native people, on a reservation, so when I went to high school a "non-native" guy asked me out, I said sure why not. So at the end of the date we were about to head our different ways we there was the awkward standing there "what do I do" situation. so like a goof I stuck out my hand and shook his. He actually laughed at me and I felt more dumb. But he thought it was cute and we're now going on 4 years.

16. mrwizardno2 macrumors 6502a

mrwizardno2

Hehehe - that is awesome. I can hear the post below in reaction to her response ;)

17. Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

I have a good one, but it's too embarrassing (and quite possibly NSFW) ... lets just say I was messed up after I broke up with a long-time girlfriend and compared hookup girl to ex-girlfriend at a very inopportune time. The relationship with hook up girl didn't last too long after that. :eek:

18. killmoms macrumors 68040

killmoms

Oh ghall. :eek:

Well, I'm quite a bit older than she is, I've known her for almost 3 years now so we get on pretty well, but we've been separated by a pretty long distance for quite a while. However, she has family out in San Diego so last August I went down to meet her.

Thing is, she thought her parents would be a little weirded out by someone older coming down to say hey, so she kind of insinuated that I was gay. Which some people have thought about me before, so it wasn't so unbelievable. I wasn't sure what to do so I didn't CLAIM I was gay, and it didn't get brought up, but I didn't do anything to dissuade the notion either. I went home in January to visit friends and family, met up with her, same thing. And the same in March when she was out here for a cruise to Mexico—we hung out before she left for Mexico and when she came back, before she headed back east.

Anyway, we're an item now, and I'm moving back to the East Coast at the end of this week, and that's still the situation with her parents. I just know it'll be MORE awkward the longer I leave it, but I really want to avoid impacting her relationship with them negatively (especially since she's still financially dependent on them).

It's funny, but uncomfortable. :D But she's worth it.

19. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

thats whats important;)

20. Mr.Noisy macrumors 65816

Mr.Noisy

Ive Done/Said some very odd things, especially when me and my brother were both home on leave many moons ago, We were in the Pub one night, after a few Gallons of Ale, I was winding him up, Calling him names like needle dick & micro dick (as brothers do) , When one of the bar maids that he knew particularly well ;) informed me (and anyone in earshot) 'Its not so much how big the nail is, but how big the hammer banging it in is' thus resulting in us leaving my bro and 'his' bar maid to there own thing :eek:

I Still think about the Hammer & nail thing from time to time, and I think it's pretty funny, my brother obviously doesn't, they got married, now pending divorce but when we meet up for a few beers it still brings a filthy grin to his chops when i mention the Hammer & nail :eek:

21. vniow macrumors G4

22. Samarium macrumors 6502a

Samarium

"Your forgetting something.....my hand in your ass" *hand-in-her-ass*

She kissed me. LOL

23. Neil321 macrumors 68040

Neil321

24. QuantumLo0p macrumors 6502a

QuantumLo0p

After she told me about her extensive hair coloring I asked her what her REAL hair color was. I didn't think it was an off-limits-question but she gave me a very nasty look, made a snorting sound and went back in the bathroom to finish putting on her make up.

I didn't care for the whole snorting thing. At that point I asked her to please hurry up putting on her War Paint so we could get out of there and get something to eat. :p

That was the last time we had dinner together. :D

25. juanm macrumors 65816

:eek:
    I was about to post some gross remark, but I won't. :p