Duplicate iPhone 5s order. What will happen?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JohnCalif, Sep 20, 2013.

1. JohnCalif macrumors member

I submitted an order through the AT&T Premier site and everything looked ok until the final notice that indicated order was placed but the order number was blank. I waited a couple of minutes for a confirmation email, but none arrived.

So I completed the same order on the Apple site. It indicated I was eligible so that along with the empty order number AT&T made me believe the AT&T order did not go through.

A couple of minutes later I received emails from both AT&T (with an order number) and Apple indicating all ok.

Does anyone have any experience to suggest what might happen? Will they both go through or will one cancel out the other or will both cancel out.

2. zkaudio macrumors member

how did you even get an order in through the premier site? After logging in and going to shop it makes me enter zip and ban number, then it gives me error message every time... so absurd.

3. Velin macrumors 65816

Velin

You clicking "accept" is a binding contract. Enjoy your multiple phones. Maybe put one up on Craiglist.

4. Slickdilla macrumors newbie

This happens a lot, they will cancel both orders and by the time it is rectified shipping will have slipped to January. Should have waited in line.

5. JD76 macrumors member

I did the same thing.. I ordered on ATT first then Apple... I soon received a cancellation email from ATT so even though my order went in on Apples site after, ATT still saw it as if I ordered it somewhere else... Apples email shows its confirmed but hasnt shipped yet.

6. JohnCalif thread starter macrumors member

On AT&T I got an error message first several times. Site didn't like my credit cards. Went to a different computer and it went through. I was thinking something in the cache had become corrupted. Who knows?

That is what finally happened to me. AT&T cancelled, Apple order still looks good. AT&T had only put a pending transaction of $1 on my card. Apple charged the full amount. I will keep checking the Apple order to follow the status. This is from the AT&T email:

Dear ,

Thank you for your recent purchase on the AT&T Premier Online Store. We are pleased that you chose AT&T as your wireless service provider.

Unfortunately, we cannot process your order because you have either upgraded your device/service in the last 24 hours or have upgraded your device/service more than 4 times within the last 12 months.

If you feel that you received this message in error, please call us at 1-866-499-8008, Monday-Friday 8:00A.M. to 10:00P.M. ET., to resolve the issue.

Reference Web Order Number:

Thank you,

The AT&T Premier Team