Resolved Duplicate Photo Stream Album

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by brett429, Oct 12, 2011.

1. brett429, Oct 12, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2011

brett429 macrumors member

Hey All,

Just set up iCloud and iOS 5 on my phone! Awesome so far! One minor issue, though...

I'd read online that there were some issues with multiple Apple IDs and no way to merge them. When I first set up iCloud, I used my iTunes Apple ID. After I realized I needed to use my MobileMe Apple ID, I deleted the old iCloud account from my phone and then added the correct one.

Now there's two Photo Stream albums in my Photos app. How can I remove the other one? I logged into the old ID and made sure Photo Stream was turned off, but that didn't work.

Help! :eek:

EDIT: Finally got rid of it. I had to delete the current iCloud account, log into the old one (attached to iTunes), take a picture, wait for it to automatically sync to the Photo Stream album, then turn off Photo Stream through the Photos App settings, delete old iCloud account, and log back into correct iCloud account. Geesh!

2. brett429 thread starter macrumors member

Bumped with resolution, just in case anyone else has this issue. :)

3. Milord macrumors newbie

AAAHHHhhhh!!!! Thank you! This was driving me nuts!

4. SoybeanStasher, Oct 13, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2011

SoybeanStasher macrumors regular

Thank you so much! This was infuriating.

Mine was caused by creating a new iCloud account at setup (I figured I'd have one Apple ID for store purchases, then my wife and I would each have a separate iCloud account). Then I decided an extra account was unnecessary, and was stuck with that damn empty album.

5. c.greene914 macrumors regular

c.greene914

6. Atomic80 macrumors newbie

This didn't work for me because when I took a picture, it did not save into the photo stream but into the camera roll. Any idea how to make it save into the photo stream instead?

7. stormchaser macrumors 6502

stormchaser

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Didn't work for me as I have 2 albums with the same photos and cannot remove just 1 of them as iTunes removes both. It's either both or nothing. What's the point of having photo library and another album off PC with same photos in. Ridiculous.

8. Atomic80 macrumors newbie

I finally got rid of the second photo stream by following the OP's instructions! Thanks again!!!