Resolved Duplicates in calendar. Not using iCloud

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by 3bs, Feb 8, 2012.

1. 3bs, Feb 8, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2012

3bs macrumors 603

3bs

I have two calendars on my mac. There are no duplicates on my mac. I don't have my calendars synced to iCloud on my iPhone or my mac so that isn't the cause of the problem. For some of my events there are 10 duplicates! Not sure why some have 2 and some have 10 duplicates or some number in between. I tried deleting the calendars on both my mac and iPhone and readded but this keeps happening. What can I do?

2. 3bs, Feb 9, 2012

3bs thread starter macrumors 603

3bs

Anyone?

edit: actually my problem turns out to also be on my mac. I am using the same .ics file as my friend is using but on my devices I get duplicates while he doesn't. What could be causing this?

3. MickeyLynn macrumors newbie

I had this happen and my issue was I was using gmail and (I believe) exchange calendars, which are both the same.

Disabling exchange fixed it for me. I have a calendar app on my ipad that actually has icalendar as an option, if I enable that I get dup's there as well.

I never had more than two of each instance though, the ten seems odd.

GL

4. 3bs, Feb 9, 2012

3bs thread starter macrumors 603

3bs

It's actually my college timetable and I download the file and add it to iCal on my mac. It has nothing to do with exchange. At least I don't think so. My college email is an exchange email but I don't sync calendar in the exchange options.

Edit: turns out the events I had duplicates of had the dame Label but different details inside so they aren't actually duplicates.