During GPS, when I click on "hybrid" view, phone goes back to homescreen

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Rybold, Aug 2, 2008.

1. Rybold macrumors 6502a

Rybold

When using the GPS with google maps, when I click on "hybrid" view, my phone starts to display the map but then seems to slow and then go to homescreen. Has this happened to anyone else?

Is it the phone or the connection? If the data connection slows, will it automatically go back to homescreen?

2. sellitman macrumors regular

sellitman

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

Try turning the phone completly off at least once a day. The new software is still buggy. My older iPhone does that in maps, Safari, and in a number of the newer apps. I finally got tired of all that and the lag and had The Apple Store give me a new phone with 1.1.4 on it. Now its normal again and I won't download the new software until it de-bugged.

3. Carpe Deez macrumors member

That's what it is supposed to do. Stop criticizing the iPhone.

4. macbookairman macrumors 6502a

are you sure? why would apple make it so that the google maps application closes when switched to hybrid view? he wasn't criticizing the phone.

5. Carpe Deez macrumors member

I just don't think it's right to criticize the iPhone. Whatever it does, just be happy with it. We're very lucky to be paying so much money for a device on top of the monthly charges. Pay up, and shut up, as they say.

:apple::apple::apple::apple:

6. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

he's making a joke.

OP, 2.0 software is unbelievably buggy, just wait for 2.0.1

7. Sonicjay macrumors 6502a

Sonicjay

:rolleyes:

It works great for me. Try quitting out of Maps by holding the home key down until it goes back to the homescreen (or reboot the phone) and try it again.

8. Rybold thread starter macrumors 6502a

Rybold

Rebooting the phone solved the problem. Thank you for the help.

(when someone adds a comment that is counter productive, I usually ignore the person. I advise the rest of you do the same. In this case, however, I partially agree that maybe the guy was in fact being sarcastic instead of annoying. To make his intentions more clear if he was in fact being sarcastic, he should have typed "lol" or something like that)