During Install of Public Beta for High Sierra it restarted in Windows partition

Discussion in 'macOS High Sierra (10.13)' started by gadgetfreaky, Jun 29, 2017.

1. gadgetfreaky macrumors 6502a

During Install of Public Beta for High Sierra it restartd in Windows partition and it can no longer boot in OS.

It was intalling fine, went thru the process of installing then was at about 10 minutes left then a few minutes later it restarted. Figured I was done...

Then it rebooted in Windows and I can't reboot in Mac. When I try and reboot to Os X it says cannot locate the boot volume....

Ideas?.....

2. dianeoforegon macrumors 6502a

dianeoforegon

I had a similar problem. At the end of my lengthy install on my Fusion iMac, it said "MacOS could not be installed on your computer". On restart, I would get a black screen with what looked like kernel panic text in top left that was too tiny to read. Text went away so quickly that I'm not sure what it said. At the same time, I had a progress bar with Apple but it never completed. This went in a loop of trying to restart. I force quit and restarted from a clone backup. Ran diskutil cs list in Terminal and got "does not appear to be a valid Core Storage Logical Volume UUID". Disk Utility would do nothing but crash when I tried to select the internal drive. It had lost HFS+ formatting.

After trying fixes in the Terminal, that all failed, I was able to boot into DP2 Recovery Drive and use Disk Utility to fix.

Hope the helps.