Dust is the MBP´s enemy

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by macenied, Sep 8, 2015.

1. macenied macrumors 6502a

macenied

Hi,

Probably nothing new and of course nothing spectacular. I have an "older" MBP ( 2010 ) and I recently replaced the keyboard by a new one. Doing this, I found a lot of dust in the cooling system ( it was almost clogged ) and between the logicboard and the keyboard.

After cleaning and the keyboard exchange the MBP runs much cooler again. This thread should just be a friendly remainder that very easy maintenance can have huge impacts and no maintenance may cause serious problems.

Best, ME

2. duervo macrumors 68000

duervo

Dust is the enemy of all electronics in general.

I try to clean out the case of my PC at least once every quarter, but admittedly sometimes that ends up being once a year. My laptops usually get cleaned once a year, because they don't get used as much as the PC does.

Thermal paste is re-applied every one or two years.

3. Aneef macrumors regular

Aneef

Is there any way to have macbookv pro serviced from any authorised store without getting the warranty being void? I try to clean my Macbook Pro's keyboard and trackpad every couple of days but still the dust would be getting inside the keyboard and trackpad. Or are there anyways that I myself can clean the dust from the inside? Using blower or anything else?

4. xsdeus macrumors regular

If you have an Apple Store nearby, they will usually clean your laptop for free if you ask nicely.

5. Aneef macrumors regular

Aneef

That's the real problem actually. Here in my country, there are no Apple stores, only resellers.