Dust under the camera iPhone 5

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Antoni Nygaard, Jul 1, 2013.

1. Antoni Nygaard macrumors 6502a

Antoni Nygaard

Today I saw i got something under camera glass on my iPhone, first i thought it was some sort of a bug i iOS 7 beta, then i hard reset the iPhone and i was still there. then i realised i got something there. Never had that issue on a iPhone before owned every single iPhone.

is it something apple will replace?

i Downgraded to iOS 6.1.4 just to make it was dust on the camera :)

Attached Files:

2. srsub3 macrumors 6502

srsub3

It depends. If you are able to replicate the problem at the shop, yes. Otherwise not. I have a piece of dust under the lens that sometimes moves, but when I went to the store I wasn't able to show the genius the problem, so he told me to go back when it reappears. Now if I see that I just shakee the phone till it disappears

3. Antoni Nygaard thread starter macrumors 6502a

Antoni Nygaard

i has been there for the last 24 hours, just tried to shake the phone doesn't help:(

4. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Mine had the same problem a while back and was replaced on the spot no questions asked

5. yep-sure macrumors 6502

yep-sure

Had my launch iPhone 5 replaced about a month ago for the same reason (well, a couple of reasons, but this was one of them).

Would like to know how the dust gets under there and what to do to prevent it.

6. Antoni Nygaard thread starter macrumors 6502a

Antoni Nygaard

unfortunately they don't swap phones right away here in Denmark, they have to send it to their service partner, and then contact apple for replacement iPhone